Science Fair Workshop for Teachers
June 5, 2013
Western Carolina University
Room 143, Cordelia Camp Building Free
Lunch will be included
Register Online Now
Jim Davis will discuss his strategies for a successful science fair. Jim, who teaches at Tuscola High School, has been planning successful science fairs for years. He has had several winners who won regionally and were competitive at the state fair of North Carolina.
Dr. Kim Elliott, Director of Curriculum and Instruction and Title I Federal Programs for Transylvania County Schools, and Ms. Kristy Hasman, Lead 8th Grade Science Instructor at Rosman Middle School, will discuss the following science integration, science project, and county science fair topics:
* Strategies to integrate science fair projects into classroom instruction
* Building administrative support for a science fair program
* Recruiting and training science fair judges
* Sample science fair judging rubric
* Logistics for local science fairs, including the awards ceremony
Join Mr. Davis, Dr. Elliott and Ms. Hasman for a collaborative exchange, complete with a question/answer segment.
For more information on this workshop and other learning opportunities, please visit our website at LEARN.WCU.EDU
Continuing the Discussion
Science Fair Workshop for Teachers in Western NC – DEN Blog … | Lavanaut linked to this post.