This week, we have the first of two special DENSI themed editions of Chad’s Choices from the Community. The second DENSI edition will be posted next week. The DEN Leadership Council will be arriving in Vermont tomorrow prior to the other DENSI attendees arriving on Sunday. The people, blogs, and Person of Interest below are all attending the LC retreat prior to DENSI. If you’ve seen previous posts in this series, you know that it highlights the DEN Community and shares articles you should take a look at, people to connect with, and a person of interest.
Information from the Community
- Wisconsin DEN STAR Rachel Yurk shared Why Kids Need to Tinker to Learn.
- Arizona STAR Laura Sheehy shared Top 12 Google Chrome Extensions That Enhance Student Learning
- California STAR Derrall Garrison shared this post about Game Changing Apps
- Michigan STAR John Phillips shared The Power of Hashtags Revealed for Teachers
- Rafranz Davis, a Texas LC member, shared 3 Reasons Why Next Year Could Be Your Best
Blogs from the Community
- In the Trenches, a blog from North Carolina LC Member Kelly Hines
- Florida LC Member David Fischer’s I’m the iPad Guy blog
- Michigan STAR Edith Erickson’s 3rd grade class blog
People from the Community to Follow (These are all members of the DEN Leadership Council)
Person of Interest
Tim Childers is this week’s DEN Person of Interest. Tim is a LC member from Tennessee and also one of our DEN Gurus. Tim is one of the facilitators of #DENChat, a weekly Twitter chat held on Thursday evenings at 8 pm ET (currently on hiatus during summer). He also creates a neat video podcast series called Coffee Time where he shares ed tech tools and how they can be used in the classroom.
Interested in being featured in this blog series? Do you have something to share for the good of the DEN? If so, fill out this form.