Did you know that Nashville is home to our DE Assessment team? It’s true! Here are a few more fun facts about Nashville:
- Nashville is home to the Grand Ole Opry.
- Nashville was founded on Christmas Eve 1779.
- The 7th and 11th presidents, Andrew Jackson and James K. Polk, lived in the Nashville area.
- There’s a song about James K. Polk, by They Might Be Giants, called “James K. Polk”. The lyrics consist entirely of historical facts about the president.
- Singer Kathy Mattea started out as a tour guide at the Country Music Hall of Fame.
- Singer Randy Travis used to wash dishes at the Nashville Palace.
- The famous snack item, the Goo Goo Cluster, is made right in Nashville. It is made of chocolate, caramel, marshmallows and peanuts.
- The driveway at President Andrew Jackson’s home was shaped like a guitar.
As you can see, Nashville has lots of interesting history. Want to learn more fun facts about Nashville? Visit Nashville.com!