Holy cow, it’s August! That’s means back to school is coming soon, perhaps sooner than many of you would like. It’s okay, think about all of the great things you’ve learned over the summer and how you’ll be implementing those ideas in the classroom. Your students will benefit greatly from everything you’ve learned this summer. Without further ado, here is this week’s Chad’s Choices from the Community. If you missed other posts in the Chad’s Choices series, you can find them here.
Information from the Community
- Texas DEN STAR Todd Nesloney shared 10 reasons we need social media in education.
- Florida DEN STAR Carlos Fernandez shared how to use iPads for personal professional development.
- DEN STAR Mark Dunk shared Why Aren’t Teachers Using More Technology in the Classsroom?
- Kelly Hines, a STAR from North Carolina, shared these critical thinking resources.
Blogs from the Community
- Virginia STAR Erica Thorsen‘s school library blog, In the Stacks.
- California STAR Karen McMillan‘s Notes from McTeach blog.
- Andrea Keller, a Texas STAR write Ideas from a Busy Bee.
People from the Community to Follow
Person of Interest
North Carolina DEN STAR and Leadership Council member Kelly Hines is this week’s DEN Person of Interest. Kelly has been a very active member of the DEN for several years and this year, became a DEN Guru! She can be found posting to the North Carolina DEN Blogs on a frequent basis, resulting in a 2013 DENny Award for blogging. She is also one of the forces behind DEN Reads, a weekly blog series sharing professional books recommended by fellow DEN members.
Interested in being featured in this blog series? Do you have something to share for the good of the DEN? If so, fill out this form.