Today is the first day of August, and that means it’s just about time to head back to the classroom! What are you doing with your last few weeks of freedom? With all of the stores becoming engulfed in back to school supplies, have you began to think about how you’re setting up your classroom when you get back? Organization in the classroom is helpful not only to you, but to your students.
There are many websites out there that can help you come up with new ideas for your classroom. Here are some tips to help keep your classroom organized this school year:
- De-clutter! Get rid of any unnecessary furniture, supplies, or anything you don’t need.
- Arrange student’s desks in the most efficient way with name tags.
- Label storage bins.
- Sort through the books in your classroom, and get rid of those you don’t use.
- Color code everything you can!
- Don’t clutter your walls with too much artwork.
- Keep a supply cabinet of extra supplies you may need.
- Keep dated folders with assignments/lesson plans that absent students may have missed.
- Encourage students to stay organized too with a chore chart.
What tricks do you use while setting up your classroom? Let us know by clicking on the “Leave a Comment” link below. While you’re out shopping for back to school supplies, don’t skip the organization aisle!