It’s time for yet another post in the incredibly DENtastic blog series, Chad’s Choices from the Community. This series is designed to highlight the DEN Community in a variety of ways. You’ll find a few blog posts and resources that were shared by a DEN member on Twitter. Keep in mind, while others may have also shared the same post/article, I saw it posted by the person I’m noting below. Forgive me if I’m not giving credit to the person who first posted it. In addition, you’ll find a few blogs by DEN members and members from community to follow on Twitter. Some of the people listed are veteran DEN members while others are new to the community. Lastly, I’d like to share a DEN Person of Interest.
Articles from the Community
- Virginia STAR Gina Powell shared 10 ways to improve your teaching skills.
- DEN STAR Millie House shared How We Learn and How We Teach.
- Michigan STAR Mary Phillips shared Why It’s Time to Start Teaching Students How to Think
- Texas STAR Dorie Glynn shared Social Media Isn’t Killing Literacy, But You Might Be
Blogs/Wikis from the Community
- Alabama STAR Delsia Easley‘s blog Leading and Learning Too
- Texas STAR Ruby Aguilar’s 5th grade Science blog
- Explore Pennsylvania STAR Kim Adair’s resource wiki
People from the Community to Follow
Person of Interest
DENnis Grice is this week’s DEN Person of Interest. Dennis has been involved with the DEN for a number of years and has used his video skills to create a number of fun videos for various DEN events, including the opening video for this year’s DEN Summer Institute. Dennis serves as one of the Rising STAR mentors assisting new STAR Discovery Educators and making sure they get the most out of Discovery Education and the DEN.
Interested in being featured in this blog series? Do you have something to share for the good of the DEN? If so, fill out this form.