Back by popular demand the monthly webinar series “What’s the 4-1-1?” that highlights 4 integration strategies for using Discovery Education, 1 educational program and 1 hot topic. Each webinar allows you to walk away with a bag full of new tips, tricks and resources. Check out our fall line-up below and register today!
Click HERE for more information and to register for the 4-1-1 series. Here are just a few of our upcoming topics (all times are listed in Eastern):
- Wednesday, September 18 (7 p.m.EST): Teachers Back To School Emergency Preparedness Kit featuring DEN GURU Rita Mortenson
- This month DEN Guru Rita Mortenson will share several resources that will prepare you for a digitally transformative year with your students and teachers. In this fast paced session, she will cover everything from Discovery tips and tricks to how to stay connected and informed – all while having a fun, invigorating year! Make it your best year ever with the help of Discovery and Rita!
- Wednesday, October 2 (7 p.m.EST): Making Common Core Make Common Sense featuring Discovery Education’s Vice President of Common Core Karen Beerer
- Making common sense out of the Common Core might not be easy; it’s certainly not done with a “to do” checklist and it’s not done with a program that you can buy. But, it starts with great instructional strategies, tools and resources. This webinar will provide participants with a few strategies, a few resources and a lot of digital tools to implement in your classroom to make the Common Core make common sense for you and most importantly, your students.
- Wednesday, November 6 (7 p.m.EST): Untangling the Web: Free Tools to Power Up Your Teaching featuring newly published author and Discovery Education’s Director of Social Media Steve Dembo
- Just another tools session? Hardly. We’ll start off with tools that were featured in the recent book of the same name, and then break off into other sites that support, supplement and fit the needs of a variety of niche educators. We won’t just explore individual sites, we’ll look at clusters and genres that every educator should be aware of and make time to become familiar with. And did I mention that they’re all free?
- Wednesday, December 4 (7 p.m.EST): STEMulating Students featuring Discovery Education’s Director of STEM Cindy Moss
- This month Discovery Education’s STEM Director, Cindy Moss, will share ideas, tips, and resources on how to STEMulate your students minds through specific strategies used to provide and enhance STEM teaching and learning opportunities for students.
Don’t be left out! Get the 4-1-1 by registering today.
These webinars will be recorded and added to the Events in a Box resource page so you can host your own DE event if you are unable to attend the live session.
For more information about these webinars or the Events in a Box please contact Jannita_Demian@discovery.com