I hope you’re exploring the resources shared in this blog series and are making new connections. There’s more great stuff and great people listed below. If you’re not familiar with Chad’s Choices from the Community, it is designed to highlight the DEN Community in a variety of ways. You’ll find a few blog posts and resources that were shared by a DEN member on Twitter. Keep in mind, while others may have also shared the same post/article, I saw it posted by the person I’m noting below. Forgive me if I’m not giving credit to the person who first posted it. In addition, you’ll find a few blogs by DEN members and members from community to follow on Twitter. Some of the people listed are veteran DEN members while others are new to the community. Lastly, I’d like to share a DEN Person of Interest.
Articles from the Community
- Tennessee LC Member Tim Childers shared 15 Pieces of Advice from Former 1st Year Principals.
- Canadian STAR Kathy Cassidy shared this reflection of her first year of 1:1 in Grade One.
- Texas STAR Todd Nesloney retweeted 90+ Twitter Tools Teachers Should Know About.
Blogs/Wikis from the Community
- North Carolina STAR and DEN Guru Conni Mulligan has a great wiki full of resources for you.
- DEN STAR Alicia Brooks has a nice resource site that curates a lot of great information.
- Texas STAR Joli Barker shares student work on her blog.
People from the Community to Follow
Person of Interest
This week’s DEN Person of Interest is Kristina Spencer. Kristina, a Florida DEN STAR and member of the DEN Leadership Council has done tremendous work as a leader on the DEN Connects team. She’s working with others to help connect DEN members and classrooms across the country through this fun program. Kristina has also traveled to DENapalooza events in McKinney, Texas and Atlanta, Georgia to share her knowledge with others.
Interested in being featured in this blog series? Do you have something to share for the good of the DEN? If so, fill out this form.