The Chad’s Choices train is still going strong. Chad’s Choices from the Community is designed to highlight the DEN Community in a variety of ways. You’ll find a few blog posts and resources that were shared by a DEN member on Twitter. Keep in mind, while others may have also shared the same post/article, I saw it posted by the person I’m noting below. Forgive me if I’m not giving credit to the person who first posted it. In addition, you’ll find a few blogs by DEN members and members from community to follow on Twitter. Some of the people listed are veteran DEN members while others are new to the community. Lastly, I’d like to share a DEN Person of Interest.
Articles from the Community
- Pennsylvania STAR Dominic Salvucci shared 30 Apps Perfect for BYOD Classrooms.
- Missouri STAR Steve Brim shared this article about student created writing prompts.
- California STAR Karen McMillan shared this must read blog post one of her students wrote.
- Louisiana LC member Paula Naugle share this interesting Parent Toolkit.
Favorite Tweet from the Community
if we don’t try, we won’t fail, and failure is how we learn – Adam Bellow #tltf13
— Elaine Plybon (@eplybon) November 7, 2013
Blogs/Wikis from the Community
- North Carolina STAR Rebecca Williams shares her journey to 21st century teaching.
- North Carolina STAR Erin Gannon shares what’s happening on her Third Grade with Ms. Gannon site.
People from the Community to Follow
Person of Interest This week’s DEN Person of Interest is Heidi Morgan. Heidi is a STAR from Illinois who recently presented at the DEN Fall Virtual Conference. Her presentation, Free and Easy Ways to Wow Your Students and Parents, has over 3,000 views. Speaking of the DEN Fall VirtCon, if you missed a session or want to explore the archives, they’re all available here.
Interested in being featured in this blog series? Do you have something to share for the good of the DEN? If so, fill out this form.