This is the last Chad’s Choices from the Community post of November, which means the next one will be in December. Yikes, December! Can you believe it? We’ll be writing 2014 before we know it. Regardless, keep reading to learn about the DEN Community in a variety of ways. You’ll find a few blog posts and resources that were shared by a DEN member on Twitter. Keep in mind, while others may have also shared the same post/article, I saw it posted by the person I’m noting below. Forgive me if I’m not giving credit to the person who first posted it. In addition, you’ll find a few blogs by DEN members and members from community to follow on Twitter. Some of the people listed are veteran DEN members while others are new to the community. Lastly, I’d like to share a DEN Person of Interest.
Articles from the Community
- Tennessee DEN Guru Tim Childers shared 5 Ways to Keep YouTube Safe and Fun for Kids.
- Michigan STAR Dave Tchozewski shared some free courses about learning to use Google Apps in your teaching.
- Take a look at Michigan DEN STAR Andy Losik‘s extensive 2013 Holiday Tablet Buying Guide Part 1.
- Texas STAR Michelle Smith shared How to Effectively Communicate on Twitter.
Favorite Tweet from the Community
A roomful of laughter and 19 fully engaged 5-year-olds is pure educational joy.
— Andy Losik (@mrlosik) November 20, 2013
Blogs/Wikis/Class sites from the Community
- Connect with Carla via new Canadian STAR’s Carla Haaven‘s blog.
- South Carolina STAR Danielle West shares great apps and how to use technology in the classroom on her AE Media Chic blog.
People from the Community to Follow
Person of Interest This week’s DEN Person of Interest is Kati Searcy. Kati is a STAR and Leadership Council member from Georgia who has done a great job in sharing the Discovery love. She is a class of 2013 DEN Guru. Kati helped organize DENapalooza Atlanta earlier this year and is helping promote the Belk Service Challenge in the Atlanta area. She’s also been writing a lot of lesson plans as part of the DEN Connects team. Speaking of DEN Connects, a new theme has recently launched. Get your students connected around Biomes and Habitats at denconnects.com
Interested in being featured in this blog series? Do you have something to share for the good of the DEN? If so, fill out this form.