Woohoo! 2014 is here. Okay, I’m not really that excited, but tossed in the woohoo anyway. This is the first post in this series for January and I hope previous posts have brought ideas and thoughts your way and have helped you make new connections in the DEN Community. Keep reading to find a few blog posts and resources that were shared by a DEN member on Twitter. Keep in mind, while others may have also shared the same post/article, I saw it posted by the person I’m noting below. Forgive me if I’m not giving credit to the person who first posted it. In addition, you’ll find a few blogs by DEN members and members from community to follow on Twitter. Some of the people listed are veteran DEN members while others are new to the community. Lastly, I’d like to share a DEN Person of Interest.
Articles from the Community
- DC area STAR Jennifer Boudrye shared this infographic by the new role librarians take in the digital age.
- Florida LC Member Carlos Fernandez shared 15 amazing tools to showcase your online portfolio.
- Texas STAR Michelle Smith shared 6 ways social media will change in 2014.
- DEN Guru Tim Childers shared this fun infographic showing the top 15 online distractors.
- Texas LC Member Rafranz Davis shared this great Pinterest board with design ideas for libraries.
Favorite Tweet from the Community
Learning is always more fun when you share with it with others! #macul4two
— Cheryl Lykowski (@CLykowski) January 9, 2014
Blogs/Wikis/Class sites from the Community
- Take a look at the class website of North Carolina DEN STAR Christine Hahner.
- Colorado STAR Judi Holst shares teaching tips on her TBD Teacher blog.
People from the Community to Follow
Persons of Interest
This week’s Person of Interest is Edie Erickson. Edie, a DEN STAR from Michigan, was a first time attendee at the DEN Summer Institute last July and those in attendance loved getting to know her and learn from her. Last year, she also was one of the highest users of Discovery Education and won a usage contest. This month, she’s hosting a Face to Face location for Techbook Live! in her school. Techbook Live! is our Virtual Conference centered on the use of Discovery Education Techbook that takes place on January 25th.
Interested in being featured in this blog series? Do you have something to share for the good of the DEN? If so, fill out this form.