The DEN has planned a variety of events to celebrate ‘Digital Learning Day‘ on February 5, 2014. Teachers throughout North America will participate in a variety of events to immerse students in a digitally rich environment with technology devices and activities. The Digital Learning Day website has lesson plans and other resources to help educators join in the celebration.
The DEN will also be hosting several events in honor of Digital Learning Day. You can find out more details on the DEN Digital Learning Day webpage.
What is DEN Digital Learning Day?
Digital Learning Day, organized by the Alliance for Excellent Education, is an annual celebration of innovative teachers and common-sense, effective applications of digital learning in schools that support teachers, improve learning, and provide options for students to achieve at their highest potential.
DEN Digital Learning Day aims to take this idea further and highlight the wonderful things DEN Community members are doing in classrooms across the North America.
Prior to Digital Learning Day, the DEN is soliciting ideas for participating in Digital Learning Day. You can submit any of the following to share how you and your students will honor Digital Learning Day the DEN way:
- Short video clips of students learning digitally with Discovery Education resources (15-30 seconds)
- Artifacts from a S.O.S. lesson (photos videos, reflections)
- A story or artifact from DEN Connects
- A Board created with Discovery Education Board Builder showing digital learning
Want to win a DEN prize pack?
- Sharing a quick photo of digital learning in your classroom
- Posting a favorite Discovery Education resource and how you use it in your classroom
Join us for a Google Hangout at 1:00 pm ET to hear from DEN Community leaders as they share some of the exciting things they’re doing in their classrooms for Digital Learning Day.
So join the fun and maybe you will be one of the lucky winners on Digital Learning Day!