Enjoy another Chad’s Choices from the Community post. This blog series is one of the most read and wildly popular series on the planet. (I made that part up.) I hope previous posts have brought ideas and thoughts your way and have helped you make new connections in the DEN Community. Keep reading to find a few blog posts and resources that were shared by a DEN member on Twitter. Keep in mind, while others may have also shared the same post/article, I saw it posted by the person I’m noting below. Forgive me if I’m not giving credit to the person who first posted it. In addition, you’ll find a few blogs by DEN members and members from community to follow on Twitter. Some of the people listed are veteran DEN members while others are new to the community. Lastly, I’d like to share a DEN Person of Interest.
Articles from the Community
- California STAR Derrall Garrison shared must have tools for online learners.
- Texas STAR Mark Dunk shared teach kids to the four-letter word.
- Canadian STAR Kathy Cassidy shared 15 technologies that were supposed to change education forever.
- Missouri STAR Steve Brim shared 5 must have Chrome extensions for every teacher.
- Texas STAR Todd Nesloney shared 15 creative apps that allow students to show what they know.
Favorite Tweet from the Community
There is No greater feeling than empowering a teacher to try something new…other than those moments when students benefit from it
— Rafranz Davis (@RafranzDavis) January 16, 2014
Blogs/Wikis/Class sites from the Community
- Take a look at the class wiki of California DEN STAR Tracie Fickenscher.
- Surrey, BC STAR Diana Williams shares resources on her blog.
People from the Community to Follow
Persons of Interest
This week’s Person of Interest is Lisa Parisi. Lisa, a DEN STAR from New York, has been sharing her knowledge with the DEN Community for a while. She’s one of the leads on #DENChat and was the moderator for last night’s discussion. Keep an eye on the DEN Blogs because Lisa will be posting an archive of the chat. #DENChat takes place every Thursday night on Twitter at 8:00 pm ET.
Interested in being featured in this blog series? Do you have something to share for the good of the DEN? If so, fill out this form.