Here’s another edition of Chad’s Choices from the Community. If you’d like to explore previous posts in this series, you can do so here. Also, I think I’m going to change up the format a little, but am not sure exactly what that’s going to look like. Do you have any suggestions?
Articles from the Community
- DEN Guru Dean Mantz shares these awesome changes to ThingLink.
- Ohio STAR Tiffany Trella shared Evernote for beginners.
- North Carolina STAR Jenny Grabiec shared 6 ready to go iPad centers for elementary students.
- Texas STAR Andi McNair shared 25 things to do before/during/after reading.
Favorite Tweet from the Community (This seems fitting based on what’s happening all over)
“Top 10 Snow Day Activities” http://t.co/nmOYcU9cpS
— Porter Palmer (@DENprincess) February 13, 2014
Blogs/Wikis/Class sites from the Community
- Thoughts About Teaching and Beyond is the name of the blog written by Canadian STAR Mavis Hoffman.
- North Carolina STAR Mark Case shares his thoughts what’s happening in his classroom on his blog. Mark has a great message in this particular post.
People from the Community to Follow
Persons of Interest
This week’s Person of Interest is Kim Miller. Kim is a STAR and Leadership Council member from Idaho. She’s always sharing great ideas with educators and is a true Discovery Education leader in Idaho. Kim is working with teachers in her area as they work to get the most of Discovery Education in the classroom. Kim recently shared a great quote related to these teachers and their new found knowledge of the DEN “Great moment -you could see the relief and hope on their faces when they realized they were not alone on the Education highway.” That’s awesome! Follow Kim on Twitter and check out her class website here.
Interested in being featured in this blog series? Do you have something to share for the good of the DEN? If so, fill out this form.