We have a new time slot! Welcome to a Tuesday edition of Chad’s Choices from the Community. You can find new posts in this series each Tuesday for the time being. If you’d like to explore previous posts in this series, you can do so here.
Articles from the Community
- Colorado STAR Jennifer Jensen shared how to password protect Google Forms. (This was written by DEN STAR Jeremy Badiner).
- Canadian STAR Shelly Tulloch shared 8 free websites to create cool student projects.
- North York STAR Amy Spath shared Tech Directors: Are you supporting learning or impeding it?
- Georgie LC Member and DEN Guru Kati Searcy shared this bonanza of K-5 technology lesson plans.
Tweets from the Community – it’s 2 for Tuesday!
Student’s Don’t Ask for PD. pic.twitter.com/8H7Rdx3V53
— Sean Junkins (@sjunkins) February 18, 2014
Imagine if your twitter feed was locked down and you could only talk to people from your school. Engaging? I think not. #txeduchat
— William Chamberlain (@wmchamberlain) February 17, 2014
Blogs/Wikis/Class sites from the Community
- Explore Plugged in EDU, the ed tech blog of Aimee Bartis, another STAR Discovery Educator from Texas.
- Texas STAR Michelle Phillips shares her journey of mastering instructional media.
People from the Community to Follow
Persons of Interest
This week’s Person of Interest is Mark Case (follow Mark on Twitter and check out his blog here). Mark is a STAR and Leadership Council member from North Carolina and one of the DEN’s geocaching masters. Right now, Mark is helping organize the DENaissance Fair – a fun DEN event in North Carolina. At the event, Mark will be setting up a geocaching quest to attendees can learn about geocaching and how it can be used with students all while hunting for treasures during the event. If you’re in the North Carolina area, you really should attend the event, it’s going to be be DENmazing!
Interested in being featured in this blog series? Do you have something to share for the good of the DEN? If so, fill out this form.