Are you an innovative principal, assistant principal, department head, or school leader?
Are you interested in participating in an immersive professional development event tailored specifically at helping you build the leadership skills and knowledge needed to create dynamic digital learning environments in your school?
If so, the Great Leaders Summit is for you!
Join us from July 20-24, 2014 at Discovery Education’s global headquarters in Silver Spring, Md. This unique event in partnership with the National Association of Secondary School Principals (NASSP), and Johns Hopkins University School of Education, will empower attendees to:
- Generate realistic solutions to address your most pressing education challenges
- Analyze the elements of effective decision making
- Explore the future of educational technology and how that will impact your school
- Expand your social media use to tell school success stories
- Build or fast-track your personal learning network
- Develop a deeper understanding about the dynamic between personal choice and educational success
- Reinvigorate yourself and refresh your plans for the upcoming school year
Among the nationally known speakers presenting during this exciting week of professional development are:
- Roy Baumeister on Willpower, Self-Control, and Decision Making
This interactive session will focus on the science of decision making and decision fatigue. Learn how to make decisions at 5 p.m. that are just as good as those you’re making at 7 a.m. Baumeister is the author of the critically acclaimed book Willpower: Rediscovering the Greatest Human Strength. He is the Francis Eppes Professor of Psychology at Florida State University.
- Discovery Education’s Very Own Hall Davidson on Leading, Learning, and Achieving: The Realities of the Digital Age
Hall’s session will emphasize the notion that when school leaders work to move to digital, it helps to see what “digital” really means. Participants will leave this session with solutions for BYOD, a better sense of new assessment models and much more.
- David Rose on From Bach to Lady Gaga: Personalization and Making Educational Decisions
This presentation will provide a unique and provocative perspective of systematic learner variability for educators and school leaders. Rose is the pioneer of the Universal Design for Learning (UDL) framework and a faculty member at the Harvard Graduate School of Education.
In addition to these great speakers, experts from NASSP, Johns Hopkins University School of Education and Discovery Education will also present. For more information or to register today, visit the Great Leaders Summit webpage today.
Hope to see you there!