It’s Tuesday and that means another edition of Chad’s Choices from the Community. As you wind down your school year, if it hasn’t already wrapped up, take some time to explore some people and information from the DEN Community. If want to look at previous posts in this series, you can do so here.
Articles from the Community
- Tennessee DEN Guru Tim Childers shared this 5 step model when planning for critical thinking.
- Texas STAR Danielle Reynolds shared 8 myths that undermine educational effectiveness.
- Missouri STAR Stephanie Madlinger shared 7 characteristics of a digitally competent teacher.
- Florida STAR Christine Baker shared 6 strategies to improve your leadership effectiveness.
Tweets from the Community! (This was retweeted by MI STAR Chris Prout)
Do you really need to assign “learning” to kids for the summer? Do you really think kids don’t learn if you’re not in charge?
— Ira Socol (@irasocol) June 10, 2014
Blogs/Wikis/Class sites from the Community
- Explore the web page containing great links and resources from Texas STAR Lindsay Foster.
- Find out what’s going on in Escambia County, FL by reading this blog from Florida STAR Lauren Thurman.
People from the Community to Follow (Send a tweet to these people and tell them they were featured here).
Persons of Interest
This week’s DEN Person of Interest is LeaAnne Daughrity. LeaAnne is a DEN STAR, LC member, and DEN Guru from Texas. She’s been sharing her knowledge and enthusiasm with the DEN Community for several years. LeaAnne recently presented at DENapalooza Austin and is working hard now creating the website for the 2014 DEN Summer Institute. It’s currently a work in progress, but will serve as a great site to meet the educators heading to Nashville this summer and connect and learn with those in at this great event.
Interested in being featured in this blog series? Do you have something to share for the good of the DEN? If so, fill out this form.