We all know that the DEN is about people and tonight was a prime example.
- Andy McKiel – a bit of a thing for wood
- Tara McLauchlan – I Like Big Books and I Cannot Lie
- Darren Kuropatwa – Storytelling is Not Enough
- Chris Harbeck – A Buffet of Discovery
- Jeff Hoeppner – Prairie Lighthouses
- Rex Ferguson-Baird – Leadership: A Constant Process of Identity Reinvention
- Matt Henderson – From Hibernation to Transformation: An Obsession with Learning
- Roy Norris – How to Grow a Loaf of Bread
- Jill Boychuk – Connecting
- Dean Shareski – Are You Busy?
The energy in the room and the comments from participants was electric. Passionate educators sharing what they are discovering as learners. You’ll see one example from the evening as principal and DEN STAR Rex Ferguson-Baird tells his story of how he changed his role as leader
Porter joined us via Hangout to share some of her favorite DEN events. It’s really hard to describe how powerful the evening was but I wish I could take these people with me to share their stories. The good news for me is I get to do this again next week in Edmonton. If you’re in the area, you don’t want to miss this as I’m sure we’ll have an equally great time of sharing. There is something about this format, the DEN and passionate educators that makes this a wonderful event. If you’re interested in hosting one, please reach out. I’d love to help.