Students who enter a video that promotes safe driving in 90 seconds or less, could win $15,000 cash and the opportunity to work with a Discovery Film Crew to re-shoot their entry video into a TV-ready PSA.
What do you have to do?
- Encourage 9-12 grade students to create a video that promotes safe driving in 90 seconds or less and submit by March 16th.
What could your students win?
- 1st Place Prize $15,000 and the opportunity to work with a Discovery Film Crew to finalize your video!
- 2nd Place Prize $10,000 and a behind-the-scenes trip for two to a Velocity network show!
- 3rd Place Prize $7,500
- People’s Choice Prize $5,000 and a behind-the-scenes trip for two to a Velocity network show!
How do you get started?
- Students open a user account by registering for the challenge. They can create a video individually or with up to three friends. Once they have registered, they will be able to log in to follow the steps on how to submit your video.
- Be Creative! Encourage students to create their video anyway they like, but be sure to include the TeenDrive365 End Frame at the very end. This can be downloaded from the Video Challenge homepage.
- Submit videos as a YouTube link by March 16, 2015. Please make sure that videos are titled “TeenDrive365 Video Submission – [Your title].” Don’t forget to review our Entry Video Checklist and the Contest Rules as any failure to comply could mean the video will be disqualified…no matter how great it is!
- Videos may be completed during class-time or after school. Unlike many scholarships, there is no minimum GPA requirement. All videos must be submitted by March 16 by both the high school student and their parent or guardian.
- Learn more here: http://www.teendrive365inschool.com/teens/video-challenge
Get inspired by watching last year’s winning final video:
***If you’re looking for more free resources and the chance to win other grants and prizes, take a peek at my previous post, Calling Teachers and Students: 10 Ways to Win for You and Your School.