This was an novel way to use Google comments while students are writing to encourage reflection and to obtain insight into their writing. Here is the blog post from Kim Pollishuke.
October 18th, 2014 · No Comments · Content - Language Arts, Google Tools
October 17th, 2014 · No Comments · Content - Math, Content - Science
Here’s another virtual field trip opportunity from Discovery Education. On November 13, your class can visit a copper mine with the experts. Along the way, there will be plenty of discussions about math and science and how it relates to these real world careers. Click here for all the details and registration information.
October 17th, 2014 · No Comments · Classroom
Or at least Untamed Science- this site (geared for grade 6 and up) has a variety of quick science videos on a many of topics. I’ve included their introduction video below.
October 16th, 2014 · 1 Comment · Classroom, Google Tools
Google rolled out a few changes to Classroom earlier this week. You can now
- Restrict students from posting and comments.
- Change the sorting order to last name.
- Have assignments marked as done (when there is no product to turn in).
- Download multiples assignments grades at once.
- Invite students based on groups.
- Show deleted items in your stream.
Here is a great video from Aaron Svobada as he walks through the changes.