OPEN TO ALL GRADES K-12!
The White House recently announced the first ever Student Film Festival and we think you should enter! Why? Because the festival specifically challenges students to create “videos that highlight the power of technology in schools.” Videos must be three minutes or less in length. You can do that!
Guess what? You’re using technology right now, by reading this blog. And, if you’re in your Discovery Education student account, even better!
- Do you use Discovery Education for science, math, language arts, or something else?
- Do you create movies with Movie Maker or iMovie?
- Does your teacher create stations with Discovery Education interactive labs?
- Do you use laptops, tablets, or mobile devices in class to help you learn?
- Do you create your own Boards in Board Builder?
- Do you keep in touch with your progress online or email questions to your teacher?
- (_______ Fill in your own technology experience here.)
We’re certain you are doing enough with technology to create a fantastic video for the White House challenge.
Visit the White House Website for the Student Film Festival to get all the details. The challenge is open for students K-12 and your parents/guardians need to submit your video entry directly on the White House website’s Film Festival page.
Put some ideas or questions or comments in the Comments section, if you want to start a Discovery Education Student Network brainstorming thread.