February 7, 2014
I’m attending a conference full of teachers. Teachers are grateful for the smallest things.
- Finding the “over the downtown” express lanes through Austin.
- Not being at school when a fire drill is scheduled.
- Getting to sit down to eat lunch.
- Finding unfamiliar faces who understand what we’re going through and sympathize.
- Having a lunch which lasts more than 20 minutes.
- Using real silverware which is capable of cutting, real dishes that are capable of breaking, and a table setting which requires washing after eating.
- Not having to chaperone the school dance being held on Friday.
- Learning that all those school buses full of schoolchildren are staying at the hotel across the street and not at the hotel full of teachers.
- Free pens!
- Being able to go to the restroom at any time.
- Having more than 2 minutes to go to the restroom.
- Authors who are willing to pose for pics and autographs books.
- A breakfast uninterrupted by copying, tutorials, or meetings.
- Cheap books!