I returned home from the National Institute in Silver Spring MD three days ago and I am still exhausted! It took me five straight days of networking with over eighty of the most amazing teachers in the DEN before I gave in and admitted that I am hopelessly stricken with FMS (fear of missing something). Conversations and ideas flowed into the “Wii” (thanks Lance) hours of the morning…and the projects…I was like a kid in an ed tech candy store! Thank you to all of the teachers who made this such a wonderful week! For those of you who would like to see what I am talking about, here’s a taste:
For those of you who were not able to attend Hall’s session on students using cell phones at NECC, never fear! On July 17th, Education Week did a great job of summarizing a number of his points in the article “Students, Turn On Your Cell Phones Please?” Be careful…this is thought provoking stuff!!
This is a fun and easy trick that that will allow you and your students to add callouts and balloons to your Movie Maker movies. Once you install the files, they are ready to use each time you use Movie Maker.
1. Download the “BFXCallouts.exe” file to your desktop.
2. Double click the icon for the .exe file and follow setup instructions (your files will be placed in the AddOnTFX folder which is found at: C:\Program Files\Movie Maker\Shared\AddOnTFX)
3. RESTART MOVIE MAKER IF IT IS OPEN!!
4. Open Movie Maker and import a saved editable video clip.
5. Add your clip to the timeline.
6. Click on “tools” and select “titles and credits.”
7. Click “Add title on the selected clip in the timeline.”
8. Select “Change the Animation.”
9. Select the “BFX Callout” that works best for you (there are six to choose from).
10. Enter the text that you would like to place in the callout. Click “play” to preview.
11. Place your callout on the timeline in the title overlay section. Move it left or right to get your timing right.
12. Select “Save to my computer” and follow directions.
13. Browse to the saved file and give it a whirl!