Dear Parents / Guardians,
I wanted to introduce myself. I am you childâ€™s new Math and Science teacher. I consider it a great privilege and responsibility to be your child’s teacher, and look forward to meeting and working with you. You are invited to phone or email me any time that you have a question concerning your child’s progress.
Below, you will find our classroom rules, student promise, as well as my own personal pledge to you and your child. If your child develops any difficulty following to the rules, I will notify you. As well, I hope that you will advise me if at any time your child has a problem, academic, social, or emotional. Should your child become discouraged or fearful about school, please communicate with me so that we can discover the cause of the problem.
I believe that by all of us working together we can make this a very successful year. Again feel free to contact me if you need any additional information or if I can be of assistance.
Your student should come to class on time and prepared, every day. Being prepared means that they have completed home learning assignment(s), and have a minimum of five sharpened pencils. Please no mechanical pencils, standard #2 pencils only.
Six Simple Rules
- Raise your hand to talk (or get out of your seat).
- Follow directions quickly.
- Use helpful hands and words.
- Use inside voices.
- Make smart choices.
- Keep your dear teacher happy.
- I will commit myself to learning.
- I will learn everything I can.
- I will listen, ask questions, and share what I know with others.
- I am special and I have many talents.
- I have pride in myself and respect for others.
- I can become anything I wish to become.
- I take delight in education.
- I believe I will achieve and succeed this day.
My Pledge to Each Student
- I will greet students each morning with a smile, and will be generous with my smiles throughout the day.
- I will treat my students with respect and fairness.
- I will look for opportunities to reward and praise students for their work and good behavior.
- I will use fair and appropriate methods of discipline.
- I will try to make classroom instruction as interesting as possible and look for new and diverse ways of presenting materials.
- I will maintain a positive atmosphere for learning.
- I will make myself available and approachable to students.
- I will recognize the individuality of my students and will provide opportunities for each of them to experience success.