Filed Under (Uncategorized) by Steve Dembo on 21-01-2010
These are my links for January 20th through January 21st:
Filed Under (Uncategorized) by Laura Smith on 20-01-2010
Filed Under (Uncategorized) by Laura Smith on 14-01-2010
Filed Under (Uncategorized) by Steve Dembo on 14-01-2010
These are my links for January 14th:
Filed Under (Uncategorized) by Steve Dembo on 13-01-2010
These are my links for January 13th:
- HP Learning center – classes – free online classes for software and hardware
- Kodu – Microsoft Research – Kodu is a new visual programming language made specifically for creating games. It is designed to be accessible for children and enjoyable for anyone. The programming environment runs on the Xbox, allowing rapid design iteration using only a game controller for input.
***Note- Kodu is in Beta public access- for the PC! no need for an xbox!
- 10 Rules for Increasing Community Engagement – something to think about when creating any type of community… a classroom? the Maryland DEN?
- EtherPad – MD Sci Con – This is our etherpad from the Sci-Con event on Jan. 9. some of the links we wanted to save and remember…
Filed Under (Uncategorized) by Laura Smith on 11-01-2010
Filed Under (Uncategorized) by Steve Dembo on 11-01-2010
These are my links for January 11th:
- springpad: a free personal organizer and online notebook – Springpad is a free personal organizer to save and use just about anything ? recipes, products, restaurants, ideas, notes, articles, and more.
- SafeShare.TV – The Safest Way To Share YouTube videos – plug in a youtube link and SafeShare removes related videos and comments so you can show your video safely.
- Math Snacks! – Math Snacks are short animations and mini?games designed to help learners “get it”. Each snack presents a mathematical concept, particularly those addressed in grades 6, 7 and 8. Ideal for use in a classroom or on your own, they can even be placed on mobile devices for “homework”. The accompanying print materials can assist learners in applying their conceptual understanding to math problems.
- Free and Easy Volunteer Scheduling, Sign Ups and Reminders ? DOING GOOD just got easier with VolunteerSpot – this would be a great site for teachers to organize parent volunteers
- The K5 Blog – A nice blog with videos and tips for parents (and teachers) about kid-related “how-to’s”
Filed Under (Uncategorized) by Steve Dembo on 09-01-2010
These are my links for January 8th through January 9th:
Filed Under (Uncategorized) by Steve Dembo on 07-01-2010
These are my links for January 7th:
Filed Under (Uncategorized) by Steve Dembo on 06-01-2010
These are my links for January 6th:
- JASON Science – Home – The JASON Project connects students with great explorers and great events to inspire and motivate them to learn science.
- Eat Your Books – I am on a quest to reduce the amount of paper in my house. This website lets you find and manipulate recipes and information from your cookbooks online! No more hunting through tiny scraps of paper, or searching through 10 books to find that recipe I sorta remember from last year…
- odosketch – fun online sketching tool