Filed Under (Uncategorized) by Steve Dembo on 30-03-2010
These are my links for March 30th:
Filed Under (Uncategorized) by Steve Dembo on 26-03-2010
These are my links for March 26th:
- Employers: Look to gaming to motivate staff – Training – Interesting approach to grading- Last year, Sheldon replaced the traditional grading system in two of his game design classes with a system that was based on experience points (XP), which were typically used to track progress in role-playing games.
Students commenced the program as avatars at level one, which corresponded to zero XP and a grade of ‘F’. They gained XP by completing ‘quests’, ‘fighting monsters’ and ‘crafting’– in other words, giving presentations, sitting quizzes and exams, and handing in projects.
- Augmented Reality – Explained by Common Craft – Common Craft – Our Product is Explanation – augmented reality is a fairly new concept- blending different types of media to help add more layers of meaning to the world around you- using technology
- Free Technology for Teachers: How to Embed a Map into Blogs and Wikis – The slideshow below contains instructions for embedding Google Maps into Blogger posts, Edublogs posts, and Wikispaces pages.
- How to Open Notebook Files Using the SMART Notebook Interactive Viewer and Notebook Express – ooh! i’ve been looking for this- I don’t have a SMARTboard in the lab, but would like to use some SMART lessons. here’s how to do it.
- Pre-Grade Your Paper: Free Online Grammar Checker, Proofreader, and More – Grammar
- Lifeyo.com | Let people make websites. – free, easy website creation
- Harvest of History | The Farmers’ Museum – Interesting website that answers the question: “Where did your last meal COME from?”
- Smarthistory: a multimedia web-book about art and art history – an online art history book…
- Science Experiments, Videos, and Science Fair Ideas at Sciencebob.com – Cool site with science fair project ideas and other science stuff
- Free Stuff – Educational Technology – ICT in Education – Free e-book- Amazing Web 2.0 projects
- Vaughan Memorial Library, Acadia University : Help – animated web search tutorials
- Heifer Village: Nepal – this game, by Heifer International, teaches about other cultures
- Alphabetic Rain – easy typing game for all ages
- Digital Tools for Teachers: Brain Training Games – an AMAZING collection of brain training games available online
- Lights, Camera, FILM PRODUCTION – webquest about the roles and careers in film production
- Film Webquest – webquest for a film production class
Filed Under (Uncategorized) by Laura Smith on 25-03-2010
Filed Under (Uncategorized) by Steve Dembo on 25-03-2010
These are my links for March 24th through March 25th:
- Avatara – I can’t wait to make my own 3d animated avatar. i have to get a better picture of myself… the program is pretty picky about the file size.
- YouTube – Growing Up in Morden – Neat video by Dean Shareski- might be a fun activity for students to profile their hometown from their own perspective, using Jing screencasts and mixing in other media…
- Tired Teacher’s Website K-12 – The objective of this site is to provide teachers with source materials, lesson plans and classroom activities for all grades K-12. This site is designed to help busy teachers use their time efficiently. The indexed websites are not organized by grades as each website listed may have several resources for different ages.
- Classroom Learning 2.0 – an online, self-paced course to familiarize yourself with various tech skills. i’m going to do it…im sure i’ll find some things easy but it never hurts to brush up on your skills!
- YouTube – How Search Works – Google engineer Matt Cutts explains what happens when you press the Search button on Google…
- Online resources ? Learning Media – Free math and science games
- YouTube – Gotta Keep Reading – Ocoee Middle School – This video is so cool! I actually teared up watching these kids get so excited about reading and sharing their excitement with the world!
- DocsPal - – Free online file Converter and Viewer- convert about 2 dozen file formats free online!
- NOVA | Cracking the Maya Code | PBS – the story behind the centuries-long decipherment of ancient Maya hieroglyphs.
Filed Under (Uncategorized) by Steve Dembo on 22-03-2010
These are my links for March 17th through March 22nd:
- Minds Of Peace – Five Israelis meet with five Palestinians to discuss, debate, and negotiate different solutions to one of the most entrenched conflicts in the world. They have five sessions to reach a peace agreement. The negotiations are conducted in front of an audience, which is invited to participate in the peacemaking process.
- Texas Independence: – Explore the heroic efforts to create the Republic of Texas in 1836- a fabulous site with lots of fun activities and primary sources.
- Free and legal music downloads – Jamendo – Free music for multimedia projects
Filed Under (Uncategorized) by Laura Smith on 17-03-2010
Filed Under (Uncategorized) by Steve Dembo on 15-03-2010
These are my links for December 31st through March 15th:
Filed Under (Uncategorized) by Steve Dembo on 12-03-2010
These are my links for March 12th:
Filed Under (Uncategorized) by Laura Smith on 11-03-2010
Filed Under (Uncategorized) by Steve Dembo on 11-03-2010
These are my links for March 11th: