These are my links for March 26th:
- Employers: Look to gaming to motivate staff – Training – Interesting approach to grading- Last year, Sheldon replaced the traditional grading system in two of his game design classes with a system that was based on experience points (XP), which were typically used to track progress in role-playing games.
Students commenced the program as avatars at level one, which corresponded to zero XP and a grade of ‘F’. They gained XP by completing ‘quests’, ‘fighting monsters’ and ‘crafting’– in other words, giving presentations, sitting quizzes and exams, and handing in projects.
- Augmented Reality – Explained by Common Craft – Common Craft – Our Product is Explanation – augmented reality is a fairly new concept- blending different types of media to help add more layers of meaning to the world around you- using technology
- Free Technology for Teachers: How to Embed a Map into Blogs and Wikis – The slideshow below contains instructions for embedding Google Maps into Blogger posts, Edublogs posts, and Wikispaces pages.
- How to Open Notebook Files Using the SMART Notebook Interactive Viewer and Notebook Express – ooh! i’ve been looking for this- I don’t have a SMARTboard in the lab, but would like to use some SMART lessons. here’s how to do it.
- Pre-Grade Your Paper: Free Online Grammar Checker, Proofreader, and More – Grammar
- Lifeyo.com | Let people make websites. – free, easy website creation
- Harvest of History | The Farmers’ Museum – Interesting website that answers the question: “Where did your last meal COME from?”
- Smarthistory: a multimedia web-book about art and art history – an online art history book…
- Science Experiments, Videos, and Science Fair Ideas at Sciencebob.com – Cool site with science fair project ideas and other science stuff
- Free Stuff – Educational Technology – ICT in Education – Free e-book- Amazing Web 2.0 projects
- Vaughan Memorial Library, Acadia University : Help – animated web search tutorials
- Heifer Village: Nepal – this game, by Heifer International, teaches about other cultures
- Alphabetic Rain – easy typing game for all ages
- Digital Tools for Teachers: Brain Training Games – an AMAZING collection of brain training games available online
- Lights, Camera, FILM PRODUCTION – webquest about the roles and careers in film production
- Film Webquest – webquest for a film production class