These are my links for June 8th:
- YouTube – HCS Digital Citizenship Teaser – this is an advertisement for a parent workshop on internet safety, but I think the main portion of the video could be shown to students to discourage sexting…
- Welcome to Reading Rewards – allows kids to track their reading minutes and exchange them for fun things, like games, jokes, and more. encourages kids to share and review books.
- Togetherville – a kid-safe social networking site
- Podcasts in Education Made Simple – the who, what, why, and how of podcasting
- VoiceThread – Group conversations around images, documents, and videos – 100 ways to use voicethread in education
- YouTube – Hot for Teachers w/ Megan Fox and Brian Austin Green – Celebrities jump on board to fight education budget cuts in this funny, yet all too true viral video…
- The National Academies presents: What You Need to Know About Energy – As debates about energy grow more intense, Americans need dependable, objective, and authoritative energy information. The National Academies, advisers to the nation on science, engineering, and medicine, provide the facts about energy?a complex issue that affects us as individuals and as a nation.
- Grockit Test Prep – SAT, ACT, GMAT, GRE, and LSAT – Interesting- banking on the popularity of Facebook, Grockit creates a social network for learners to collaborate in an engaging online space.