1. Show them how YOU use it to make your life easier! Do you have a tech tool that cuts down your prep time, grading time, searching time? Share it with others!
2. Share something FUN! I went geocaching for the first time in my life this summer. I had so much fun I wanted to go right out and buy my own GPS unit!
3. Focus on the teaching aspect, not the technology. That is to say- don’t make it all about the technology tools. Yes, insertcoolwebsitehere.com might be a great website, but what are students going to LEARN by using that site?
4. Take it S..L..O..W… I try to follow the 1-1-1 Rule. 1 new thing, with 1 class (or subject area) for 1 week. That way you are not overwhelmed.
5. Let the STUDENTS teach! Assign each student a web 2.0 website and have them demonstrate learning of a subject by creating a project with that site. Then have them share with the class not just what they learned, but how they created their project.