As I struggle myself with trying to help a teacher begin to use Discovery Education with their students, I find myself learning quite a bit as well. I am so comfortable with logging in and navigating through Discovery Education resources on a frequent basis. However, we are piloting offering Discovery Education Streaming accounts to some students. This way a teacher may individualize instruction for them. Many of the learning theories suggest that students develop at various paces with various interests. So this project excites me. We have the potential to make quite a difference in the lives of these students. And if all goes well hopefully we can broaden our scope soon after.
But as I am assisting this teacher, I find myself realizing many things:
- Wow, I enjoy being in the professional development arena more than I ever thought I would.
- Teachers work very hard to reach each child in their care. The good ones go above and beyond to find what will help each find success. (I am lucky to be working with one such “good one”.)
- The import structure was easy once the customer service team assisted. They rock by the way! Reach out to them if you are struggling. So very knowledgeable.
- There are so many great resources on a single topic inside Discovery Education.
- The teacher view is definitely improved but I need to develop cheat sheets that work for us.
- We all learn something new on a good day. I have been having many good days this week with this project.