I came into contact with a teacher who wanted to collaborate with an English speaking class. We ”met” through a summer online course offered from PBWorks. Our initial contacts were feelers to see what and how we could collaborate. The focus of our original collaboration was to complete wikis together and use them as a way to share and comment with each other so that her students could practice their English and so that mine could practice commenting. Since I have been exposed to Edublogs and the Edublog Student Blogging Challenge offered by Ms Wyatt and Ms. Waters, I have decided that a blogging relationship would probably serve us best. I think that blog pages will be the best way to achieve actual conversations with other students.
I have been trying to think of the best way to organize things. I love the way the Edublog Commenting Challenge was set up and will “borrow” some of their ideas about setting up their pages. I also think that they would benefit from focused writing topics. Below I have also included possible topics and story starters.
Here are some of the tasks that I would like to have shared with my wiki/blog friends.
- create avatar
- about page
- translation widget
- weather widget
- create blogroll
- other widgets
- add badges
using tags and categories
Write blog posts:
- Let readers know who you are.
- Write a letter to yourself. Answer it a year later.
- The time that telling the truth cost you.
- Run a contest. The best/worst…..
- Write about your favorite kind of music.
- Write about your most embarassing moment.
- Write about your happiest moment.
- Write your autobiography.
- Critique the worst/best movie or television that you have watched.
- Write about a day in your life. From waking up to going to bed.
- Wrote an hourly journal for not less than 24 hours. at 2 I am … with…..
- Write about 10 things that are important to you