Next week my students will select a story from a list that I have prepared for them and present it to their classmates. They must follow a set list of requirements to receive credit for the assignment.Short Story Setup
- They must first set up another blog or wiki that is designed around your chosen story.
- During Reading they will work in Literature Circles
- these literature circles are the groups that they will be working in for the story presentations.
- each member has an important role to play.
- in these literature circles they must identify: words of interest, story summary, pictorial representations of the story, quotes of interest and a final product that will be unveiled during the group’s presentation.
- On their presentation day: I will present class with a PreReading survey. The group will then present the Quickwrite writing topic. Students will need to post a response onto the blogpage or wikipage created for this purpose.
- The group will read the story for the class or play a podcast reading of it.
- Comprehension questions will be answered as we read through the story
- Final Reflection topic will be posted for comments and the groups will share with the class the opinions gathered from the pre-reading survey.
- Comprehension Quiz and Writing Assignment – because they are the teacher, they will create the test. We will go over the test and then I will have it run off for presentation day.
- I would then like the class to take part in class discussions about impressions of the book and the experience.
Wish us luck. This will be the first time that I have totally relinquished control for several weeks.
Any suggestions? Any tips? Any warnings?