Everyday, I try and watch one or more session to review or see the sessions I missed. Tonight I rewatched Duane Weber’s “Don’tWorry, Be Appy With iPad and TechBook.” It froze on me Saturday, so I was glad to watch the whole thing. Great resources at https://discovery.app.box.com/s/fpewda6gyy1tqzhf02la (GREAT APPS FOR DISCOVERY EDUCATION).
What was I interested in?
- Reflector – great app, would like to see it work on my PC, but more importantly on a Smart Board.
- Guided Access – very nice to be able to give students access to APPS or limited web searches. Does require thinking ahead.
- DE Tech Book – I was just talking the Tech Book up with a 4th grade teacher today, and there was interest!
- QR Readers & Generators (delivr.com - QR Code generator; QR Code Monkey – a QR Code generator that incorporates logos and images; & i-nigma, QR Code Reader
- iCab Mobile – nice choices on how to save images, videos, and .jpg
- Coaches Eye – marking up video with your voice overlay (wouldn’t the exceptional students I work with love this!)
- Evernote – I am an Evernote convert and use the 3 related apps Duane mentioned (Pentultimate, Peek, Skitch).
- Additionally I use Evernote Food (hunting for recipes or saving from newspaper, the Moleskine Notebooks for Everbook, and Everbook Sticky Notes!
Duane was running out of time as he explained Sync Space; will do some sleuthing….
Onward to another session.