We are looking to grow our excellent team of Program Champions.
We seek educators who are passionate about our Educational Programs to help share the benefits and value of these programs with their peers as well as inform future development and implementation of the programs. In particular, we have an ever growing demand for high school teachers, as many of our new and upcoming programs are geared for 9-12.
Selected Discovery Education Program Champions will:
- Attend the 2017 Program Champion Summit at the University of California San Diego – July 13-16, 2017
- Participate in monthly virtual meetings as a team
- Promote the programs via social media including the Discovery Education blog Ex: Siemens STEM Day
- Represent Discovery Education Educational Programs at events and conferences (e.g., Days of Discovery, Virtual Field Trips, School Assemblies)
- Provide quotes and testimonies for press releases and promotion
In exchange, Discovery Education Program Champions will receive:
- Formal recognition from Discovery Education
- All expenses paid to attend 2017 Program Champion Summit at the University of California San Diego
- Travel and expense support for attending events and conferences to represent Discovery Education Educational Programs
Please complete this form by Friday, April 7, 2017, to share your interest in becoming a Discovery Education Program Champion.
Instructions for Video Portion of Application
In 2 minutes or less, create a video that responds to the following:
The value of the Discovery Education Educational Programs to students and teachers is…
Some video FAQ:
Q: How long does the video need to be?
A: Two minutes or less. Videos longer than two minutes (2:00) will not be considered.
Q: Do I really have to be on camera?
A: Yes. As a Program Champion, you may be asked to share a particular program in videos, events, and pieces of training. We want you to introduce yourself to us. Videos that don’t feature the applicant will not be considered.
Q: Can my video be edited?
A: Yes. However, we won’t be considering your use of editing software when evaluating your video. Keep it simple. You talking to the camera is fine.
Q: How do I share my application video with you?
A: Upload it online (YouTube)