Jim Hopton and Peggy Barger

PeggyjimblogWe teach at the Jefferson-Morgan Elementary School, K-6, in Southwestern PA and have a combined teaching experience of 63 years.  Peggy is the Technology Education Teacher and Jim is the Elementary Art Instructor.  We have often been accused of being attached at the hip when it comes to technology integration.  (See our joint picture).  Michael Golden from the Pennsylvania Department of Education describes us as "relentless" technology integrators.

This year we look forward to continuing our school’s integration of technology across the curriculum especially with our newly acquired unitedstreaming and digital cameras.  We are also excited about video conferencing with our US Navy friend stationed in Italy with the NATO band.

Jim’s favorite teacher was Miss Cummings, fourth grade. She taught using project based learning long before it was even called "project based learning".

Peggy’s favorite teacher was Mr. English, her High School Geometry teacher.  His mentoring inspired Peggy to become a teacher.

1. Sue Fowler said:

I think this will help the children to acheive better learning while going to school. I think it is great!

2. Janice Blair-Martin said:

I think this is a wonderful way to excite the kids into learning. Visuals always make learning extra special…..Thanks for all YOUR excitement!

3. Linda Mancini said:

Unitedstreaming has put new life into my teachers. As their principal they have added enthusiasm to my life and have added to the growth of my students. Great job!

4. Patty Yorko said:

I am impresses with the United Streaming Program and looking forward to hearing from my son about the program.

5. Tammy said:

A great program. It will enhance my childrens educational experience. Mrs. Barger has succeded in making me excited about United streaming and the unending possibilities that this program has to offer.

6. JAMIE GRANDEL said:

I THINK THIS IS A WONDERFUL PROGRAM FOR THE CHILDREN. I REALLY ENJOYED THIS PRESENTATION.PS: PEGGY IS A GREAT TEACHER!

7. Bonnie Mylan said:

Mr. Hopton and Mrs. Barger have sparked a “technological flame” in our students and school with Unitedstreaming.

8. Karole Wagner said:

I am totally impressed with this great program! I have three children in JM and have already heard from each of them about the “video clips” Way to go! Keep up the good work.