DISCOVERY EDUCATION unitedstreaming
"Discovery Educator Challenge: Florida"
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL U.S. RESIDENTS 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER WHO ARE EDUCATORS EMPLOYED BY SCHOOLS IN FLORIDA WHICH SUBSCRIBE TO unitedstreaming.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Offered only in Florida and open only to legal residents of the United States, who are 21 years of age or older and who are educators employed, during the Term of the Contest and when the prize is awarded, by schools in Florida which subscribe to unitedstreaming as of the launch date of the Contest and who are members of the Discovery Educator Network. Employees, officers and directors of Discovery Education (the "Sponsor"), its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate family members (spouses and parents, children and siblings and their spouses, regardless of where they live) and members of the same household (whether related or not) of such individuals are not eligible. Eligibility may be verified by Sponsor at any time. Any determinations of eligibility will be made by the Sponsor whose decisions are final. Entrants may be subject to rules imposed by their employers relative to their participation in trade promotions and should check with their employer for any relevant policies.
2. TO ENTER: The unitedstreaming "Discovery Educator Challenge: Florida" Contest (the "Contest") begins at 12:01:00 AM Eastern Time ("ET") on March 27, 2006 and ends at 11:59:00 PM ET on May 7, 2006 (the "Term"). To participate in the Contest, an educator must first "login" to the Discovery Educator Network on-line application, (e.g. www.Discoveryeducatornetwork.com) with their "unique" username and password, click the Calendar tab located on the top portion of the homepage and register an "Event" on the Event Calendar feature. Sponsor’s definition of a "login" is visiting the Discovery Educator Network on-line application (e.g. www.Discoveryeducatornetwork.com) and entering in a "unique" username and password. Sponsor’s definition of a "unique" username is a username that is associated with a single person who has complete contact information, who is a member of the Discovery Educator Network and whose school has a valid subscription to unitedstreaming. Sponsor’s definition of an "Event" is an event that is listed on the Upcoming Events link of the Calendar page of the Discovery Educator Network Website. Individual educators register for an event by clicking on the Add Event button located on the bottom portion of left column of the Calendar page, and completing and submitting the Preview Event application form. Incomplete Preview Event application forms shall not be considered a registered Event.
The School District in the state of Florida that registers the highest "average" number of Events on the Discovery Educator Network website (www.discoveryeducatornetwork.com) during the Term will win the Grand Prize. The "average" is calculated as the number of events divided by number of schools in the particular district. The individual educator who registers the most Events during the Term will win the First Prize. The individual educator who registers the second highest number of Events during the Term will win the Second Prize. Finally, the individual educator who logs into www.unitedstreaming.com the most during the Term will win the third prize.
All log-ins must take place by 11:59:00 PM ET on May 7, 2006 to qualify for the Contest.
For a list of School Districts in Florida and/or a list of schools within each District, please visit http://www.fldoe.org or contact the Florida Department of Education.
3. SELECTION OF POTENTIAL WINNERS: On or about May 15, 2006, the potential winners will be selected from among all eligible entries based on the total number of logins, as follows:
Grand Prize winning District – Sponsor will select the potential Grand Prize winning District on the basis of which District in Florida registered the highest average number of Events during the Term.
First Prize – Sponsor will select the potential First Prize winner on the basis of the Florida educator who registers the most Events during the Term.
Second Prize – Sponsor will select the potential Second Prize winner on the basis of the Florida educator who registers the second highest number of Events during the Term.
Third Prize – Sponsor will select the potential Third Prize winner on the basis of the Florida educator who logs into www.unitedstreaming.com the most during the Term.
In the event of any ties within the Contest, Sponsor shall determine the potential winner of a tie on the basis of the district (or individual educator, as applicable) that reaches the top number first based on last login time.
4. PRIZES: The Grand Prize consists of a one (1) day Professional Development Package with a member from Implementation and your Discovery Educator Network Field Managers. This professional development package will consist of one workday (6.5 hours) of content delivered by Discovery Education to up to 25 educators per session. Content may be delivered in one hour modules to support larger groups of teachers, may include introduction to unitedstreaming, advanced features of the product, tips for integrating unitedstreaming into classroom curriculum and can be tailored to meet the needs of the winning District. Approximate retail value $2500. The First Prize consists of a digital camera. Approximate retail value $300.00. The Second Prize and Third Prizes consist of a gigabyte USB drive. Approximate retail value $100 each. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if a prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason.
Winners will be notified by email, phone, postal mail and/or express mail at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Because this is a contest, odds of winning depend upon the number of Events entered into www.discoveryeducatornetwork.com and for the Third Prize, the number of logins at www.unitedstreaming.com received during the Term.
5. CLAIMING A PRIZE: The Superintendent of the winning District, the individual winner and the winner’s school will be required to complete, sign, and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and a Publicity Release and a Prize Acceptance Form within 7 days after receipt. Failure to do so or return of prize notification will cause prize to be forfeited and awarded to an alternate. No transfer or substitution of prize, except at Sponsors’ discretion.
6. GENERAL: Taxes on prizes and all expenses related to acceptance and use of prizes and not specified are the sole responsibility of the winners or the winning schools. By participating, entrants and their schools agree [a] to these rules and decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final in all respects relating to this Contest; and [b] to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, agents and representatives, and their respective directors, officers and employees from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind resulting from their participation in the Contest or their acceptance, use or misuse of prize including, without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage. Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, agents and representatives, and their respective officers, directors and employees are not responsible for and shall not be liable for [a] electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, including without limitation, server malfunction, telephone malfunctions, satellite transmission failures, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of entries; [c] failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions; [d] late, lost, misdirected or incomplete entries or postage-due mail; or [e] any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sponsor that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or suspend the Contest or any portion thereof should virus, bugs or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor corrupts the administration, security or proper play of the promotion, in which case the prizes will be awarded via a random drawing from among all eligible entries received prior to cancellation. Entry information becomes property of Sponsor. Entries may not be made by any other individual or any entity, and/or e-mail address, including but not limited to commercial contest subscription notification and/or entering service sites. Entrants who enter by any method other than the one described in Section 2 above will be disqualified. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. This Contest is governed by the laws of the State of Maryland, with jurisdiction and venue in Montgomery County, Maryland, and all claims must be resolved in the courts of Montgomery County, Maryland.
7. WINNER LIST: For a list of winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by June 15, 2006, to: unitedstreaming "Florida Educator " Contest Winners, (need an physical address). Email to email@example.com
SPONSOR Discovery Education, 4330 East West Highway (North), Bethesda, MD 20814.
(c)2006 Discovery Education. Printed in USA. All rights reserved