Join us for Digital Storytelling: Where Learning Comes Alive or what I like to affectionately call “iChicago“
This summer, Discovery Educators from all over the Midwest have the opportunity to apply to attend a 4-day regional DEN ONLY institute in fascinating Chicago (also my hometown… where’s my Frank Sinatra music when I need it!) The regional institute will be a great opportunity for Wisconsin and other midwestern Discovery Educators to learn new ways to integrate technology into their instructional practices as well as share their own ideas with colleagues from all over the Midwest..
During the four days, selected Discovery Educators will:
- •engage in four days of digital storytelling activities based on authentic learning in the charm and big city world of Chicago
- •participate in a series of hands-on digital media workshops
- •apply their new skills and knowledge to develop a digital story which enhances a unit or lesson they will teach during the coming school year
- •share their work with each other
- •experience many fun surprises in store for them
The regional institute will start on the afternoon of Sunday, June 25th and conclude on Wednesday, June 28th early afternoon (by 2PM or so). The Discovery Educator Network will cover the cost of lodging and specified meals during the regional institute. Participants will be responsible for travel expenses to and from our regional DEN institute.
Application Period Opens March 15 ( The application is found on the national DEN Blog and can be downloaded RIGHT NOW!)
Application Period Closes March 31 @ 5 PM CST
Applicants Notified of Acceptance April 10
Applicants RSVP to Field Managers April 17
Ready for iChicago? Be sure to get your application completed and sent to me by the deadline!
Picture Credits: www.pics4learning.com A Great Source of Images for K-12!