What does the DEN website have to offer?
• These helpful, handy, informative blog posts that you have been enjoying so much!
• Discussion Boards for educators to share thoughts and knowledge with other unitedstreaming users around the country (and now the world – with our members in Australia and Canada).
• Calendar of unitedstreaming events so you can attend one in your area or post your own event.
• A place to download the robust Resource Guide that is published to share even more information on effective teaching strategies, integrating digital media in the classroom, and the list goes on!
• AND the Educator Resources shared by passionate unitedstreaming users. Why recreate the wheel when another educator has already done the work?
The Discovery Educator Network website has so much to offer all educators, whether you simply register for the site or apply to become a Discovery Educator. But, there is a difference…
Registering for the DEN website involves clicking on the Register link in the green Login box. Enter your unitedstreaming username and password and click login. You will then be asked to fill out a profile of yourself. Once you have submitted that information you are registered for the site and can log in using your unitedstreaming username and password.
Becoming a Discovery Educator involves applying to join the Discovery Educator Network. First, register for the DEN website. Then, click on the “Become a Discovery Educator” link. Now, complete the online application, including a sample of work. Your application will be reviewed (can take up to a month) and you will be contacted via email.
Did you discover something new? Deliver the discovery to at least three more colleagues and show them the benefits of what you discovered. Then document your event on the report form! Get points for discovering, delivering and documenting! Maybe you will win this week!