Walden Sighting in Potter County
Want a Free Substitute Teacher for an Hour?
As the year winds down and the weather improves, I assume your students’ attention spans and interest levels become a little less…well, a little less. So here is a thought. In my old life, I used to do webinars with classrooms on Take Your Child to Work Day, Career Day, College Day, etc. They are a lot of fun and sometimes it is just nice to have a different face (in this case, a voice and a computer screen) to interact with.
So, if you have any interest in having me visit your classroom virtually, I’d be glad to talk with your students about:
• A book you are reading as a class (need some advance notice on this one)
• Anything else you can think of…I have no real talents so regardless of the topic, I make things up as I go along
Let me know. Just a thought. Could be a lot fun.
Report Your Events
Don’t forget to send me a summary of any events (formal or informal, big or small) you have done. From now through the end of June, earn tickets for reporting events (event = 3 or more people) that have taken place or you are going to host involving unitedstreaming.
Events from January 1, 2006 through April 30, 2006 earn you 1 ticket. Events between May 1, 2006 and June 30, 2006 earn you 5 tickets (for each event).
• Weekly prize: Field Manager’s Special (awarded once a week from May through June)
• “Tip a Day in May” Prize (awarded once at the end of May)
• Presenter’s Paradise (awarded in July to one DEN member in the East Coast region)
This Week’s Discover, Deliver, Document Winner!
Congrats to Stevie Kline for winning the weekly ticket game drawing. Stevie just won a $20 gift card to Barnes & Noble.
Resource Upload Promotion
One week left to earn rewards by uploading resources to the Discovery Educator Network website resource library.