1st Annual DEN WAMI Beach Party

Dsc03079  Let’s end the school year with splash and a big wave of relief.… Pack your beach towels, chairs, and family and head down to the beach.

Beachparty1st Annual WAMI DEN Family Beach Party.

(I stole this one from my old district… WAMI means We All Made It!)

Bolsa_chica Join us at Bolsa Chica State Beach

Friday, June 30th from 5:00 pm – ???

Stand_26 Near Life Guard Stand 26

BBQ, Networking, Games, and Fun.

Here’s how it works…

**You will need to provide your own transportation. You can park behind Jack and the Box on the corner PCH and Warner for free parking, but a short walk. If you would like you enter the beach area and pay $10 for up-close parking.

**If your first name begins with A-N bring a side dish and O-Z bring a dessert to share.

**Please bring drinks for your family

**I’ll bring the hotdogs and hamburgers

Dont_get_burned You definitely don’t want to snooze this one and get burned soo… make your RSVP today by posting a comment to the blog. Please include how many will be attending in your group, including yourself. If you are bringing your children please list their ages.

Meet_here Hope to SEA you there!!!!

** Bolsa Chica Beach Web Page: http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=642

Bolsachicamap02 Googleearth_image Special thanks to Ray Waller for these great pics of our location!

Check out our Google File

Download WCDEN.kmz

Tags

1. Judy LIeb said:

Won’t be able to come, going to northern CA that evening.

Have fun!

2. Susan Little said:

Hi everyone, I can’t wait! It is on my calendar! There will be 4 of us coming. I have a son 9 and a daughter 7! Have a great week!

3. Gwen C. said:

Sounds like fun. Wish I could be there.

4. Karen Green said:

My family and I will attend … 5 people total. My girls are ages 13, 10 and 9.
    Looking forward to it!!!

5. Shawn Gibson said:

I hope to be there. There will just be myself attending. 8^)

6. Kimberly Mattingly said:

I will be there and so will my family. 3 adults

7. Bobbi Korte said:

I’ll be there with husband, daughter (25) and grandson (2) in tow! Ugh! Modern math would make that 4 starfish!

8. Becky Farina said:

Give me a S . . .
    I can’t wait to see everyone on Friday June 30th at Bolsa Chica Beach. This is a great way to end the school year. . . kick off a new one.

9. anniemais said:

Give me an H!!!! You’re right, Becky, that IS a great way to end the school year. Who are you coming with? Can I tag along???

10. Becky Farina said:

Give me an A . . .
    I was planning on going solo, but would love to arrive with a fellow DEN member! The BBQ starts at 5:30. . .what are you bringing?

11. anniemais said:

Give me an M!!!! Great, Becky!! Well, since my name begins with an A, I’m definitely going to bring a side dish! Maybe a potato salad, or watermelon! And I don’t want to forget a frisbee or something for everyone to enjoy…..

12. Becky Farina said:

Give me a U . . .
    Great idea!! I will be bringing a side dish too . . .but I really miss the chocolate cake from Sea World. But I will settle for some s’mores 😉

13. anniemais said:

SHAMU!!! Great, I’ll see you then! Don’t forget a sweater because it might get chilly…or you could always bring your Shamu poncho 🙂

14. Becky Farina said:

Don’t Give Me No Sharks . . .
    I can’t wait to see my favorite DEN Mom’s Jannita and Susan.

15. Susan Hemans said:

No Sharks…Do we need firewood? I can bring some. (4 people)I will be there with my husband, 13 and 15 year old sons and possibly a 5th. (hard to drag teenagers without a friend in tow.)

16. Jannita Demian said:

Wow… this will be so much fun! My hubby and I will both be there! He’ll finally be able to meet the DEN I am ALWAYS talking about!
    It would be terrific if you could bring some firewood along with you! As they say the more the merrier! If anyone else can bring some just email me and let me know.

17. Katie Warren said:

I plan to be there with or without my grandkids (8 and 4 1/2). They love hot dogs! Shall bring a dessert – will there be a fire for s’mores? Can’t wait to catch up with everyone.

18. Randy Kolset said:

This is Randy. I will hopefully be there if my flight from the city does occur until later. I will bring my wife and no kids. I don’t have any. So put me down for 2 big people, no little people.

I hope to see you all there.

19. Genny Kahlweiss said:

I am not sure if I can be there yet because I might be flying to Georgia on the 28th. If I can’t get a flight then I will be at the Beach. I will keep in touch. If we come it would be 3 people, myself, my husband and daughter. Thanks, Genny

20. Melanie Ruiz said:

I think I’ll be there. If so, it will be me, my husband, and my 18 month old son. So 3 total. Looking forward to it!

21. Julie Mildrew said:

Myself and a cohart will be there. Thanks for all you do !

22. Ray Waller said:

Wild Crazy Dynamite Educators Never stop caring for your kids and each other. Only me and my daughter (Kim – 14) and maybe one of those teen friends. Mrs. W is in Kansas visiting family but will hang with us at NECC, son (Doug – 12) is on tour doing sound board I think they are in Texas now. I’ll bring lots of that firewood stuff, we burned 5 pallet loads last weekend at Surf Camp and I know where to get more. I will also bring an EZ-up to provide shade for anyone avoiding the sun, a table, do we have a bar-b-que lined up? I’d love to voluteer to do the cooking… it’s getting closer!!!! Gotta go…day 2 of a “voluntary” inservice for the new high school. See you all Friday, Becky/Annie are you going to get down there early to save a pit?

23. Janet English said:

Limbo away, DEN members! I’ll be walking with my son along the historic, cobblestone streets of Boston – you’ll be making history while we’re savoring in the past. Have a great time!