From Michelle Adams, Virginia and West Virginia’s Field Manager
It’s been said that "A picture is worth a thousand words." No matter how you do the math 1,000 words x 20,000 images = A LOT of Images waiting for you! Check out the more than 20,000 images available in the Image Library on unitedstreaming.
Housed in the Learning Tools section, the Image Library is fully searchable just like the video library. A variety of photographs are available ranging from black and white historical photos , to action shots of animals , and diagrams .
To access the images, head to the Learning Tools section, click on the Image Library, and search for a topic. Similar to videos, you can preview pictures in the player. Underneath the player you can select to view your picture in one of three sizes. Once you select the size that best fits your needs, it will open in a new window. From there, right click on the photo and select Save Picture As. Now you can use the photo in any way you’d like.
Need a few ideas:
- Insert them into Word or Power Point to help illustrate a point
- Print several and have students sequence them or tell stories about them
- Use it as an opening for movie in Movie Maker or iMovie.
- Tell a story with a series of pictures in PhotoStory
- Create a writing prompt using the picture to spark thoughts.
Did you discover something new? Deliver the discovery to at least three more colleagues and show them the benefits of what you discovered. Then document your event on the report form! Maybe you will win this week