Going to NECC? Join us!

If you are planning to attend the National Educational Computing Conference (NECC) in San Diego, please join us for exclusive Discovery Educator events.

1. Identify yourself as a Discovery Educator by stopping by the Discovery Education booth (booth 308) to pick up your Discovery Educator Ribbon. With your ribbon affixed to your conference badge, you identify yourself as a leader in educational technology. See another Discovery Educator during the conference, stop and introduce yourself!
  2. Join us for a Discovery Educator Network Birds-of-a-Feather session on Thursday, July 6 from 4:45-5:45 PM in room SDCC 30D/E.
  3. Celebrate the DEN’s first birthday by joining us for dinner Thursday, July 6 from 6-10:00 PM at Dave and Buster’s. Dinner, networking and fun are on us for all Discovery Educators. RSVP required (see additional details below)

Presenting? Let us know so we can include you in our booth literature.

Dinner Details
Dave and Buster’s
Thursday, July 6   6-10:00 PM
2931 Camino Del Rio North
San Diego, CA  92108
Phone 619.280.7115
**Transportation from convention center to Dave and Buster’s will be provided.

RSVP Information
Please RSVP for dinner by June 28, 2006 by commenting to this blog post.
Please provide your name, state, email address and favorite DEN story from the first year.  If you are bringing a guest, please also provide his or her name(s).  Cost for non-Discovery Educators is $40.00 per person payable to Dave and Buster’s upon arrival.

Tags

1. Sandy Paul said:

I have already responded once that I will be attending the night at Dave and Buster’s. What I did not mention is that I will be bringing a fellow educator, Georgi Hall, who should become a DEN member after our July 25th workshop with Jannita in Cypress. Cypress teachers are all thrilled over this upcoming workshop. WE hope to see a lot of fellow DEN members at NECC!

2. Joan Gore said:

I plan to attend the Dave and Buster’s Dinner. Janet Corder and I are doing a workshop on Friday morning called Wild About Technology Staff Development. Our favorite DEN story is attending the first big event in the North Texas area as an ice storm was blowing in and wondering if we would get home afterwards.

3. Christy Keeler said:

Christy Keeler, Las Vegas, Nevada
    ckeeler@unlv.nevada.edu

I’m looking very forward to reconnecting with DEN members I met at the California CUE conference and learning more about available Discovery resources at NECC and the upcoming dinner. Thanks for the invitation.

My favorite memory… well, there are many…

Hall spoke to my classes in the Fall – what and honor to have him presenting to pre-service teachers!

The CA CUE dinner was such a wonderful experience. There are few organizations that truly treat educators like the professionals they are. Discovery certainly appreciates the role educators play in the future of our nation.

Working with Janitta – talk about one energetic gal who can get things done! It was wonderful at the CUE-Southern Nevada program meeting to say: “Yes, I’ll contact her… I know she’ll be willing to do it!”

Simply using the resources available through unitedstreaming and the availability of an educator network for communication and resource sharing has been wonderful.

Thank you, Discovery, for appreciating the role of educators and for letting me be a part of this organization.

4. Kimberly Mattingly said:

Hi everyone! My name is Kimberly and I would like to RSVP for the dinner at Dave and Busters. I am from sunny southern California. My favorite DEN story is spending time with other DEN members at the West Coast Regional Conference at Sea World in San Diego. I had a blast!! Especially, singing the Shamu song. Don’t give me no sharks, just give me Shamu!

5. Lori Abrahams said:

I’m Lori Abrahams from Illinois, I will be attending NECC and will come to Dave and Busters. Love all of the Discovery Resources. Everyone is so helpful in the DEN.

6. Sue White said:

Sue White – California (swhite@ovsd.org) I’m new to DEN and looking forward to a great week at NECC – will be bringing my teaching partner Alice Fairchild who has applied to be a DEN member.

7. Burt Lo said:

Burt Lo
    Northern California
    blo@ctap6.k12.ca.us
    My favorite DEN memory has got to be sleeping with the sharks at the West Coast Regional DEN Conference at Sea World. Well, either that, or getting the finger at the same conference 🙂
    I am a co-presenter for “Enhancing Student Learning Through The Use Of Technology Part, II” on Friday, July 7, 2006 from 10:00am – 11:00am.

8. Becky Farina said:

I am attending NECC on Thursday and would love to meet up with everyone at Dave and Busters.

9. Becky Farina said:

I am from So Cal and I attended the WC DEN COnference. My favorite DEN memory is when I understood the “tech” jokes by the end of the conference. I look forward to hearing more jokes at Dave and Busters.

10. George Lieux said:

I am George Lieux from Ft. Smith, Arkansas. I plan to attend NECC and the DEN dinner on Thursday evening with my wife, Ursula.
    I have enjoyed getting to know Gerard.

11. Linda Rush said:

Hi! I’m Linda Rush from Dallas, Texas and I will be attending NECC. I am looking forward to meeting the other DEN members from across the country at the Dave and Buster’s Dinner. I am thrilled to be a part of this organization and appreciate the opportunity to share resources and learn from one another.

12. Sandy Prigger said:

Hi- I would like to attend. James Rodriquez will also be coming with me. It will be so much fun seeing everyone again.
    Sandy Prigger
    Truman Middle School
    Fontana School District
    [ 2 of us…]

13. Sharon Rief said:

I am new to DEN and very excited to meet fellow members. My husband and I live in Sherman Oaks and I work in Canoga Park. Do we have to pay to attend the NECC conference? Please email me and let me know.

14. Brenda Jasper said:

I will be attending NECC along with a fellow DEN member, Meagan Baldwin and I will have a guest, Sharon Gleason with me. We would love to attend the get together at Dave and Busters. We are from Kansas

15. Beverly Plein said:

Hi! Beverly Plein from New Jersey – I will be attending NECC and would love to meet other DEN members at Dave and Busters – thanks for the invite. My first DEN activity was at PETE&C. What a great conference – it was like a mini NECC plus Hall Davidson and Kathy Schrock were there leading the DEN event (special thanks to Lance for making me feel welcome even though I’m from NJ.) As requested…my email is bplein@bellatlantic.net.

16. Linda Chiles, DEN Field Manager Missouri and Kansas said:

Missouri and Kansas are definitely going to rock NECC this year! Here’s the list that have already responded to the invitation. See you there…..

Eric Langhorst, Dan and Julie Swadley, Brenda Jasper, Dan Brown, Ruth Block, Martha Bogart, Stephanie Madlinger, Nancy George, Jim Clark, Robin Surland, and Cindy Doder

17. Michele Futch said:

Yes! I will attend the event at Dave & Buster’s. I will be bringing my husband and son. Thanks for taking me out to eat and to celebrate with everyone!!!

My favorite DEN moment was when I won this trip!!! How do you like that?

THANK YOU Discovery Educator’s Network!!!!

18. Michele Futch said:

Sorry, I can’t follow directions.

My name is Michele Futch. I am from the North Florida DEN group.
    I will be bringing my husband and son, Garry and Tommy Futch.

19. Patrice Weaver said:

Happy 1st Birthday DEN! I’ll be representing Georgia Public Broadcasting at NECC and I’m looking forward to seeing everyone at this event. My favorite DEN memory is the first time Katherine Aiken put that fish hat on her head.

20. Robert Pettis said:

Robert Pettis from Spartanburg, SC – I will be attending NECC and would love to meet other DEN members at Dave and Busters. Since I am a new member I have no past memories (on the other hand it might just be old age.)

21. Robert Pettis said:

. . . Since I have no memory I forgot to say I would be bringing my wife to the dinner. . .

22. Cynthia Rutledge said:

I think my favorite den memory was when I won this trip!

23. Cynthia Rutledge said:

I do plan on attending Dave & Busters get together!

24. Susan Plack said:

I will be at the Dave and Busters event!

25. Mike Freedman said:

Hi, I’m Mike Freedman from Grass Valley, CA. I’m planning to attend the dinner at NECC. I look forward to meeting Susan and the gang. Being a first year teacher, my favorite memory (though not a Discovery Net memory) is my BTSA mentor saying “well, you’ll never have to be a first year teacher again!”

26. Joe Brennan said:

Hi, all! Joe Brennan from the Chicago area. I’ll be there. My favorite story would have to be getting some science students started with their own unitedstreaming accounts as a resource to make presentations/movies on different germs and microbes. They just couldn’t believe we’d put all that “stuff” at their fingertips.

27. Jant Corder said:

I plan on attending the Dave and Buster event!
    Janet Corder
    Carroll ISD

28. Bill Lewis said:

I will be attending the DEN Event and maybe bringing a guest (Susan Lewis).
    My best memory from the last year was recruiting teachers to join the DEN and see how much it has helped them become more active participants in the digital world!

Bill Lewis
    New Braunfels, Tx

29. Barbara Williams said:

I will be attending NECC and plan to attend Dave & Buster’s. My favorite DEN memory is our first meeting with Gerard Newsom at AAIM Conference in Hot Springs, AR. The prizes were priceless, the workshop was wonderful, and the networking was neat…..all free!!!

30. Janet Matter said:

I am looking forward to going to my first NECC conference. I can’t wait to see some of you from the Fontana Kick-off. I will be bringing a guest.

31. Craig Cuddihy said:

Craig Cuddihy and Angela Cuddihy, both from the Clark County School District, Las Vegas, NV will be attending.

My favorite memory is when Jannita and Monika both came to LV for a Den Event. The event was a great success. For there reward I gave them $10 to play in a slot machine, they won over $300 and didnt share 🙁

Just kidding…see you guys soon.

32. Phil Koehnke said:

The team Greg Gorman and Phil and Pam Koehnke from CA are looking forward to attending the NECC. My favorite DEN event was the dinner at CUE. See you all there.

33. Kim Randall said:

Hi, Can’t wait for Dave and Busters! I’ll be bringing 3 other teachers from my school as well! We’re ready! 🙂

34. Diane Zoellmer said:

My favorite DEN moment was bringing Hall Davidson into Muskegon ISD for a Day of Discovery. Hall managed to educate, entertain, and enthrall nearly 100 educators on a Monday morning.
    (Muskegon ISD is in Western Michigan, I’m an Instructional Technology Specialist at the ISD.)

35. Suzanne Wesp said:

I’m Suzanne from San Juan Capistrano, CA. This is my 5th NECC but am a recent DEN member. I am looking forward to meeting many of you and sharing ideas. I will be there at Dave & Buster’s.

36. Donna Thompson said:

I work for ETV here in South Carolina where we call unitedstreaming “ETV StreamlineSC”. Discovery, you have made my job so EASY! THANK YOU! I travel across South Carolina showing off this WONDERFUL resource and every educator that experiences it, LOVES IT! I will be at Dave and Buster’s on Thursday at NECC. Thanks for the invitation. My favorite part about the DEN…meeting all of the wonderful people involved: Coni Rechner who is always full of ENERGY and GREAT ideas and willing to LISTEN to new ideas; Brad Fountain who is so easy to work with here in SC and NC and ON TOP of the new technologies; Scott Kinney for hiring Brad; Hall Davidson for his always inspiring workshops; Kristen, Shar & Michael who are WONDERFUL support; and ALL the others that make this the best job ever!

37. Andy Mann said:

I will be attending the DEN event at Dave and Buster’s. I’m from a regional support center (called ISDs in Michigan)in beautiful Holland, Michigan. Holland is the home of the famous Tulip Time Festival. My favorite DEN story is about the awesome support we get from our “DEN Mother” Kristin Furdak. As Michigan’s Discovery rep., she supports a very large and active DEN in the state. Kristin often asks, “how can Discovery help?” Discovery most recently helped by sponsoring Steve Dembo as the keynote presenter at a conference on new online learning tools. The conference was a great success.

38. Laura Westermeier said:

Hi, I’m Laura Westermeier, and I’m looking forward to meeting fellow DEN members at Dave & Buster’s.
    My favorite DEN memory is when Jannita presented a full day session at SAUSD and we were able to spread the word about United Streaming to teachers at many schools who themselves became DEN members. And, Jannita told the story of her classroom experience with Slim Goodbody, which still makes me laugh everytime I think about it.
    =)

39. Chris Newcomb said:

Yes I would like to attend the event at Dave and Busters, I’m hoping THAT will be my favorite memory of DEN.

40. Sharon Betts said:

I am attending NECC and plan on having dinner at Dave and Busters. I am from Maine – and also will be presenting on OOpen Source Portal: Uniting e-learning, digital portfolios and student progress. Looking forward to meeting all of you,
    Sharon

41. Dan Brown said:

I plan on attending the special event at Dave and Busters. I am from Kansas and teach at the 5th grade level. I am looking forward to meeting other educators that enjoy using technology in the classroom. What a fun way to learn…

After presenting in Kansas City, I remember having to use my technology skills with a car jack and lug wrench. A lady who had attended my presentation had returned to her car to Discover a flat tire. I figured I owed her a favor…

42. Dan Brown said:

I plan on attending the dinner at Dave and Busters.
    I am from Kansas and teach at the 5th grade level.

43. Mark Jeffery said:

Count me in! I’ll be at NECC from the 4th to the 8th. I can’t decide which is my most vivid DEN memory. Is it the speeding ticket while giving a DEN manager a tour of my district…, or when I caught the basket of chips on fire while having dinner with two DEN managers in San Diego? Hmmm…It’s always exciting when DEN managers are around!

44. Susan Staat said:

Hi Everyone! I’m Susan Staat, DEN Field Manager for Northern California. We are so fortunate to be hosting NECC in California this year. I can’t wait to meet our many talented and enthusiastic DEN members from around the country! See you at Dave and Buster’s!

45. Amber Price said:

Hello, everyone! My name is Amber Price and I am from Suffolk, VA. I can’t wait for the NECC conference and travelling to beautiful San Diego, CA. I have never been out west, so this is a great thrill for me. I hope to meet many other folks from the DEN and do some networking with you. I also want to stick my toes in the Pacific Ocean (I live next to the Atlantic Ocean right now). One of my best DEN moments was discovering the Educator’s Network full of AWESOME lessons for educational technology. What a great resource!!! I also loved having my DEN leader, Michelle Adams come and do a workshop on UnitedStreaming–I love it when I can learn something new! Can’t wait for NECC!!!! Are we there yet?

46. Pam Moline said:

Hi! I am Pam from Massachusetts and am excited to join everyone for the DEN dinner at the conference!! My favorite part of DEN this year has been finding out how many teachers I work with LOVE unitedstreaming, sharing the unitedstreaming experience with others, and reading the wonderful tips posted!

47. Ana Estrella said:

I will be attending NECC. and I will be going to Dave and Busters! Can’t wait to see all the great people I met at Sea World. Jannita, Do you think we should invite the Sea ?World staff? They know us better than anyone else.

48. Ana Estrella said:

I forgot I am Ana Estrella from America’s Finest San Diego. I will be bringing my husband Fernando Estella

49. Nondra said:

I will attend the Dave & Buster dinner and will bring a friend…looking forward to the networking!

Nondra

50. Joanne Perry said:

Hi all!
    Joanne Perry here from beautiful sunny Pennsylvania. I’ll be coming with my husband Steve.
    Favorite DEN memory – finding out I get to go to the NECC! Also attending the PETE+C sessions as a DEN member.

51. Robin Ellis said:

Hello everyone
    My name is Robin Ellis and I will
    I will be attending NECC from Quakertown, PA. I am very excited to meet other DEN members this has been a wonderful resource for me and I love sharing it with others as well. I will be attending the dinner at Dave and Buster’s on July 6th!

52. Jeff Giddens said:

Southern Salutations!

Jeff Giddens here reporting from Statesboro, Georgia. I’m delighted to say that I’ll be attending the Dave and Buster’s event. I’ll show up in with my pal, DEN member Digital Dan Rivera. I’m also going to bring a friend and fellow educator (Joltin’ Joe Strickland) along as well.

My favorite DEN memory? That’s easy! It was finally getting to meet Katherine Aiken and the other DEN members in our area when we all got together in Savannah in February of this year. We had lots of good food, fellowship, and a delicious buffet of rich educational strategies and resources. You can read about it at my blog via:

To learn more about Daniel and me and where we work, check out our digital placemark. You’ll need Google Earth to view it. Follow these steps…

1. Get Google Earth at:

2. Install Google Earth.

3. View the placemark at:

4. Visit SEGATech on a regular basis to see what I’m up to.

See you in San Diego!

53. Grace Hauseur said:

Tom and Grace Hauseur, DEN members from Del Mar California, the first city north of San Diego, will definitely join the 1st anniversary celebration of DEN at Dave and Buster’s! We have been unitedstreaming licensed schools since the beginning and can’t wait to meet DEN members from across the U.S. We will have our own car and will not need seats on the bus. There have been too many DEN events to comment on our most memorable since eacj event exceeded its targeted purpose. So WE have to say that the best thing about being a DEN member is Jannita Demian – she is enthusiastic, energetic, has a memory for people and places that is amazing, and is the best “implementation” factor that is offered by Discovery! What an awesome cheerleader she is!

54. Mary Davis said:

I would love to join you at Dave and Buster’s. My husband, Dwight Davis, and my son, Jefferson Davis, will also be coming. I am a Den Member from Pennsylvania. My favorite DEN memory is from the PETE & C in Hershey. It was great meeting so many other DEN members especially Kathy Schrock. I have been a big fan of hers for years. It has been a pleasure teaching other teachers how to use United Streaming. Our Spanish teacher uses it almost every day. Thanks for a great first year!

Mary Davis

55. Karen Sheldon said:

Relatively new to the DEN and 1st time to NECC. Looking forward to meeting other DEN members at Dave and Busters. Favorite memory: so far it’s learning what’s available and how to use UnitedStreaming, and meeting Jannita. I’m from Cajon Valley USD in El Cajon (15 miles east of downtown San Diego). See you there!

56. Kimberly said:

It’s Kimberly again! I forgot to include my email address:
    mattingly31@msn.com

I am also bringing another DEN member. Her name is Genny Kahlweiss.

57. Arturo Martinez said:

I plan to attend the Dave and Buster’s Dinner.

Thanks for the invitation.

58. Arturo Martinez said:

I plan to attend the Dave and Buster’s Dinner.

Thanks for the invitation.

59. Jim Gianola said:

I will be attending NECC San Diego and look forward to meeting other DEN members

60. Karen Dekker said:

Hi there everyone. My name is Karen Dekker and this will be my first trip to NECC. I’m really looking for to it, and joining you all at the Dave & Busters dinner.

61. Genny Kahlweiss said:

I am Genny Kahlweiss from Southern California and my email is http://www.gennyrose1@aol.com and my school email is sschool1@socal.rr.com. Please count me in for the Dave and Buster Party. I will be bringing my daughter a non-DEN member but a soon to be DEN member. She is a new teacher who just graduated in February from USD and is a high school history teacher. I want her to come and experience the DEN and meet all the great teachers. Her name is Katie Kahlweiss.
    My favorite DEN story is attending the first West Coast Regional Conference at Sea World. I have not been the same since the event. I have so many new DEN member friends and we have been networking, I went to a workshop hosted by DEN members in Fullerton district to learn about the new changes in unitedstreaming. I just gave my first DEN teacher in-service to some of my staff (20 teachers), Friday on June 16 as a Discovery Educator and I wore my DEN t-shirt and gave out the Discovery Kit items. Thanks for the kits. The teachers loved the training. They will now gather their unitedstreaming media over the summer to prepare for the Fall. I ask them all to join the DEN. We will keep growing. Thanks for empowering me as an Educator. Discovery believes in Educators! GO DEN and Don’t Give ME NO Sharks!
    RSVP: 2 people 1 DEN Member and 1 Non-DEN member Can’t wait to see all of you!

62. Linda Schultz said:

I would like to RSVP for the dinner at Dave and Busters. I am a teacher in Lemon Grove School District in San Diego County. I look forward to meeting other DEN members.

63. Judith Valle said:

I will be attending the session with two people, Susan Smith and Monica Jaloma. We will also be presenting at the Hewlett Packard Booth and mini-theater. We will be presenting our sucessful story of how our 4th graders created 5 Math Video Vignettes. These vignettes were shown in New Mexico, Texas, Canada and Mexico.

64. Judith Valle said:

My favorite story was Chris Marshall wanting to put on a dress!! I think he looked really cute in a dress.
    Judith Valle
    Canutillo Elementary School
    GT/AA program

65. Jo-Ann Goldenberg said:

I will be at Dave and Busters. My favorite DEN memory is the dinner at the CUE conference. What a fun evening!
    Jo-Ann Goldenberg
    Melinda Heights Elementary
    SVUSD

66. David Warlick said:

I have another dinner that night that I have to attend, but hope to stop by your gala sometime during the evening.

— dave —

67. Kristin Furdak said:

Just reading through the comments makes me excited to meet so many fabulous educators. I am the Field Manager from Michigan and very happy to attend my first NECC–but even more happy to see so many excellent Discovery Educators!

68. Katie Warren said:

Happy 1st Anniversary!I am eagerly awaiting the event at Dave & Buster’s. I will be presenting in the AlphaSmart booth on “NEOs and Online Writing Assessment” Wed. @4:45 and Thurs @2:15 and will proudly be wearing my DEN ribbon, too! My first activity with the DEN was the West Coast Conference with so many wonderful memories. Perhaps my favorites were meeting so many wonderful educators and feeding/petting the belugas and the bat rays. Incredible!

69. Michele Winchester said:

I will be at the NECC conf. and will attend dinner…looking forward to meeting everyone there.
    This will be my first NECC conference and my first trip to California. I can’t wait

70. Michele Winchester said:

Forgot to mention I was from Michigan. See you all there!
    Michele Winchester
    Flint Community Schools

71. Debbie Jarrett said:

Hello! My name is Debbie Jarrett and I work for SCETV in Columbia, SC. I will be attending dinner at Dave & Busters. I enjoy traveling across South Carolina training teachers to use this fabulous resource in their classrooms!

72. Kasey Russell said:

Count me IN!!! This will be my first NECC. I can hardly wait for the fun to begin. It will be nice to be around so many educators who are crazy about technology. Kristin Furdak is our DEN leader and a fine one at that! I’ll be attending alone. I’m really looking forward to joining up with some fellow DEN members to enjoy the conference with. Sorry, I don’t have a great memory yet, I’ll get it in Chicago next week at the Midwest Regional Institute. See you all there!
    Kasey Russell-Michigan

73. Char Gould said:

Looking forward to NECC and attending the event at Dave and Busters. Can’t decide if my first webinar, Google Earth at CUE or The Museum of Tolerance – all wonderful memories is my best memory.
    I’ll be bringing my husband – a high school theatre teacher – interested in learning more about Discovery Network to Dave and Busters. See you all there.

74. Howard Martin said:

Howdy! I will be attending NECC and would like to meet other educators at Dave n Buster’s that evening. My name is Howard Martin, I’m from Texas.

75. Linda Foote said:

I would love a chance to reconnect with DEN members at Dave and Busters. I’d have to say my best DEN memories center around meeting great teachers and learning together at the Regional Den Conference at Sea World.

76. Linda Foote said:

I forgot to add that I will be speaking at NECC: “Great Technology Resources for Differentiating Instruction.” (Friday morning)

77. Linda Epps said:

Looking forward to meeting other DEN educators. I am a new DEN educator and have enjoyed the resources and information provided to me. Looking forward to meeting DEN educators at NECC and at the dinner.

78. Linda Epps said:

79. Beth Robertson said:

Looking forward to my first NECC and connecting with other DEN educators. My favorite DEN memory was dinner at MACUL and the great stories that were shared. My husband Rob Robertson, an elementary teacher, will be my guest. I am encouring him to become a DEN educator.

80. Susan Little said:

I won’t be able to make it to the party. But, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEN!! I have come to realize that to me the DEN represents a company, Discovery, that really respects educators and honestly strives to encourage and educate teachers to present our curriculum in new and exciting ways. Discovery created a way for educators to share and discover together these new and innovative techniques. It is called the DEN. I am so proud and honored to be a part of the Discovery Educator Network. I have made friends with other educators who share…no strings attached… because they believe reaching all students and that all students should experience the best education has to offer. So, my hat is off to Discovery and those responsible for the Discovery Educator’s Network. More personally I wish to thank Jannita for her tireless efforts bringing us together and giving us presentations from leaders in their field. Thank you DEN and Happy 1st Birthday…. Susan Little

81. Kim Smith said:

I will be attending dinner at Dave & Busters with one guest. I look forward to meeting fellow educators from across the country.
    I am a third grade classroom teacher and the building technology leader for my building, Delta-Peach Bottom Elem, Delta, PA.
    Here we come CA!!

82. Linda Neal said:

I will be attending NECC and plan to attend this event. My most memorable event was the AAIM conference where DEN members gathered and reminisced about classroom events of the year.

83. Travis Taylor said:

I will be attending NECC and plan to attend this event. My most memorable DEN moment is the Den event in Hot Springs where I didn’t win the LCD projector BUT I will next time!

84. Diana Kenney said:

Hello from Alameda California!

Kasey Brown, Cindy Frankel, Roxanne Clement and me-Diana Kenney would love to meet other educators at Dave and Busters!We are looking forward to attending our first NECC conference!

85. Gwen Thomas said:

I am a new DEN member from Louisiana (as of two weeks) who will be attending NECC in San Diego. I plan to attend the “Birds-of-a-Feather” session and dinner at Dave and Buster’s. This will be my first opportunity to “create” DEN memories. This will be my second attendance at NECC. I look forward to meeting and networking with you all.

86. Wendy Davis said:

I will be attending the NECC Dinner with fellow DEN member Maryann Bingham. We are so excited to be able to be apart of this occasion!

87. Wendy Davis said:

OK – So I forgot the rest! We are part of the DEN from Fontana, CA and our favorite event was the one here at Dorothy Grant Elementary. It was a great networking and learning event!

88. vanessa jones said:

Hello Everyone,
    I will be attending NECC and look forward to meeting other DEN members at the Dinner. I love the quiz show activities.

89. Jennifer Wagner said:

I am not a DEN member yet but will be attending NECC (presenting a poster session) and would love to join you at D&B on Thursday night.
    Thanks!
    Jen

90. Ray Waller said:

What…DEN gathering at Dave & Buster’s say it sooooooo!!!

Count me in, and I will be bringing my wife and $40.

Ray & Colette Waller

91. Ray Waller said:

Favorite DEN memory i’d say is between the sleeping with the sharks and crammming at the 11th hour (4 am) to complete our Team 6 WCDEN regional conference projects. I still can’t believe how touched and blessed i was by that entire week. Thanks discovery and crew for making it possible!

Ray Waller
    Corona-Norco
    Roosevelt HS

92. Lori Reed said:

Happy 1st birthday! I’m Lori Reed from Texas and am a new DEN educator. I’m appreciative of all the neat resources and networking opportunities available in the DEN. I will be presenting at the SMART Technologies booth Wed. @ 4 p.m., Thursday @ 11 a.m. and Friday @ noon demonstrating the power of Notebook software. I, too, will be proudly wearing my Den ribbon. However, I will be unable to make the PARTY due to speaking at a SMART dinner that same night. Oh well, maybe next year! Keep up the good work, DEN and UnitedStreaming! I love ya!

93. Marge Hoctor said:

Thank you for the invitation. I am planning to be there.

Marge

94. Julie Mildrew said:

I am looking forward to the event. I will be bringing a friend from school. Thanks for all you do!

95. Melody Williamson said:

I am from Marion, AR. I will be attending NECC and the dinner. I will be bringing two teachers with me, Janice Cook and Nancy Hardy. Can wait to see y’all there.

96. Cristina Soto said:

I am a new DEN member from Orange County, CA. I am looking forward to meeting fellow members at the conference/dinner.

97. Julia Davis said:

I will not be attending NECC but maybe next year!

Just wanted to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY and thank you to all the field managers for their hard work. I really appreciate it.

Julia Davis
    SC DEN member

98. Charlene Chausis said:

Me too! I will be attending and thanks to the DEN folks for the wonderful opportunity!

Charlene Chausis from Illinois
    cchausis@district125.k12.il.us

Favorite DEN story… Sharing the ASCD videos in unitedstreaming that featured our school (from about 8 years ago) with our teachers and staff, sparked their interest to sign up and view the “rest of the story…”

99. Cristina Soto said:

I am a new DEN member from Irvine, CA. I am looking forward to meeting fellow teachers at the conference and dinner.

100. Cristina Soto said:

I am a new DEN member from Irvine, CA. I plan to attend the conference and dinner. Thanks!

101. Marty Alexander said:

I will be coming from El Paso, Texas with a friend.

102. Michelle Moore said:

Hi Guys!
    I am a DEN member (AR DEN) and can’t wait to attend the event at
    Dave and Buster’s. See you then!

103. Carol Benesch said:

I live in San Diego and get to attend the NECC conference after all! I’m brand new to DEN so I have no story to share. I would like to join everyone for dinner so I can get to know some people. If you see me walking around looking lost, you will know who it is! (-:

104. Michelle Moore said:

Hi guys!
    I hope this is not a duplicate RSVP. I will be attending NECC and look forward to the Dave and Buster’s event. See you then!
    Michelle Moore
    AR DEN

105. Kari Rhame said:

I am attending NECC with the TCEA group. I am awaiting approval to become a DEN member in Texas. Thanks to my friends – Joan and Janet for encouraging me to be a part. I plan to attend the birthday event at Dave & Buster’s on Thursday evening. It will be a pleasure to party with everyone.

106. Anne Truger said:

I will be attending NECC in San Diego and may possibly be joining you at Dave and Busters along with my friend Jenny Gibson. My plans are still up in the air. I am new to the DEN but am very excited about the opportunity to network and visit with old and new friends.

I am doing a poster session called Lesson: Literacy Enrichment Student to Student on the Net.

I am also doing 5 booth presentations on Clay Animation for Tech4Learning.

See you all in sunny SD!!!

107. Angie Saylor said:

I would love to meet at Dave and Busters. I am from Bloomfield Hills, Michigan and am new to DEN. This is only my second time to NECC.

108. Arlene Amati said:

I will be attending NECC and planning on attending Dave & Buster’s with a guest.
    I have two student showcases one on Thursday and Friday.
    Arlene Amati – Pennsylvania

109. Eric Langhorst said:

I plan on attending the DEN event in San Diego. I just had a blast at a DEN regional summer institute in Chicago! This is my second trip to NECC – my other time attending was two years ago in New Orleans. Can’t wait to see everyone!

110. Becky Hart said:

I’ll be at NECC along with teachers and administrators from Hot Springs School District (Ark). I’d love to join other DEN members at Dave & Busters. I’m presently in Day 3 of the DEN regional event in Allen, TX and filled with new ideas and inspirations from fellow educators. Thanks to all at Discovery Educator Network!

111. Sue Summerford said:

Count me in for Dave & Buster’s. I’m from Lenawee Intermediate School District in Adrian, MI. I so enjoyed meeting with DEN staffers at the Denver T + L conference – it was a great opportunity to network with DEN members from other parts of the country and find out none of us is alone – we all share the same needs & challenges in using technology effectively in the classroom. (Who can forget when the Pope was blessing Hall – no, wait – Hall was blessing the Pope . . . or was it RJ at Buca???) Oh, my husband, Paul, will be tagging along this time. (Andy & Dianne, I’ll be looking for you!)

112. Brian Talmadge said:

I’ll be there! I’ll be bringing 2 people from La Mesa (Chris Boortz & Cara Lawler), and 2 more from San Jose (Bill Laraway & Steve Reed). Best moment was hitting the Denver conference and meeting DEN members from all over the country!

113. Mary Therese Freymann, BVM said:

Thank you for the invitation to Dave and Buster’s.
    I’ll be there. Name: Mary Therese Freymann, BVM, Illinois, marytfrey@gaggle.net

DEN story; It was a thrill to see a 76 year old teacher who just learned computer skills in the last two years showing a video and using the quiz from unitedstreaming.

Guest: Loretta Glanz, OP (DEN member)

114. Jen said:

D&B sounds like the place to be 🙂
    super-fun to do DEN training with my teachers and to see them use the resources including United Streaming the very next day with their kiddos!!

115. Susan Monahan said:

Looking forward to Dave and Buster’s and to seeing recently-made friends from the South Texas Regional Institute, which was wonderful!

116. Dotty Myers said:

I RSVP’d to the northern California rep, but I deleted all my emails off my work computer. I am looking forwrd to meeting everyone. I am new to DEN.

117. Wayne Stagnaro said:

Sorry for the late RSVP, but looking forward to getting together with DEN members if room permits.

I am from Stockton, CA and had a great time with Susan, Jannita, and Hall in Modesto, CA. Looking forward to more laughs and good times as we get United Streaming off the ground in my district. Thanks!