South East Guest Blogger….Kay Teehan

I’m here in Atlanta at the Southeastern Regional DEN Institute and we are having a ball!  While I am from the North Florida DEN, there are participants here from South Carolina, North Carolina, Alabama, and Georgia.  Danielle and the other DEN leaders have kept us extremely busy learning in learning to create new uses for digital media.  We began by learning new uses for blogging and educational uses of podcasting.  We have really enjoyed learning about digital storytelling and using Adobe’s Premier Elements to create digital stories.

We attended an IMAX movie on African Safaris, and visited the world’s largest aquarium– the Georgia Aquarium.  Both places provided us with inspiration for our assignment here in Atlanta: creation of a digital story to be used in our classroom.  Add to all of this great food, good company, collaboration with educators from a five-state area, and expert presenters to guide our way– and you have the makings of a perfect summer institute.  What a wonderful way to spend a hot summer week.  Pictured here is one of the many sights of our visit to the Georgia Aquarium.Fishies_3

“Technorati Tags:

Tags

1. Danielle Abernethy said:

Thanks Kay for the great comments and for being a wonderful addition to the DEN Family. For those of you back home reading this, we adopted Kay’s husband this week. He was an Angel for us! Thanks for being a guest blogger, for bringing Larry with you, and more importantly – for all that you do for education. We’re very lucky to have you in our North Florida DEN!

2. Sharon Sizemore said:

Thanks to the WONDERFUL leadership we have received this week at the Southeast DEN Regional Conference in Atlanta. We have been both challenged and encouraged. The sessions have been informative and productive and we’re going back to Alabama with such neat and cool ideas! Thanks to Danielle, Brad, Katherine and Scott for your leadership and dedication!
    The Alabama Girls!
    Pam Walker
    Sharon Sizemore

3. Cheryl Woolwine said:

Well, I am sitting at the airport awaiting my flight ( 1 hour delay) and thought it would be a good time to send a few comments! SERDE was wonderful. Thanks to Danielle, Katherine and Brad for all your work. Without all your preplanning it would not of been anything near what it was – but because of all your preplanning we DEN members were able to take the “ish” and go with it! We networked, shared, created and had a great deal of fun doing it! I have been in education for over 20 years and attend many conferences and events but never have I had the networking experience and sharing experience of this one! I wish all I had to do when I get home is continue working on all of this but unfortunately I have to do some other things – but I have no doubt my future trainings will definetly incorportate something I learned this week – some how!
    Thanks again to DEN and Happy Birthday!

4. Kara Leonard said:

Danielle,
    This is the first time being on your blog and your mom is right, you do have a great blog! Like they say, “moms know best.” Thanks again for your hard work at the DEN conference, it never went unnoticed!

5. Joe Finkelstein said:

All I can say right now is that I’m suffering from serious DEN withdrawl.

6. DarleneWolfe said:

I am so excited that Florida DEN member can come June 29th to see Dr. James C. Rosser at Ocoee High School. Dr. Rosser called me about an hour ago to let me know that our program will provide the B-roll for the five part series that Discovery is doing on him. I only hope that will include United Streaming!

Those DEN members who are coming should bring a camera to get shots to take back to their own schools. Then, when the series is completed and airs, you will have data to share that you were there!

7. Danielle Abernethy said:

Thank you all for your wonderful comments. Now that I’m not sleep deprived and have decompressed, I have to say Joe, I too am having DEN withdrawl. You all were fantastic! If you make it to FETC let me know! We’ll get together! And stay tuned for a camping trip in the late fall, early winter!

8. LaQuita Hutchinson said:

I must agree that I am also having DEN withdrawals. I am beginning to focus again after returning from a week of meeting new friends to have a birthday sleepover with eight girls. I want to thank each of you for allowing me to share in the fun and excitement. I agree that we must have reunion.

9. Julia Davis said:

Kay, it was so nice to meet you and thank you for bringing your husband! He was a great help to our event.