*Guest Blogger*

Den is Wonderful!

(by: GUEST BLOGGER Cheryl Woolwine)

DEN is wonderful! I feel so honored to be a part of it. Danielle Abernethy is a great leader. She has been there from the start of my unitedstreaming and DEN experience, 6 months ago. She has always made herself 100_0085available to me and Putnam County. If a problem, question or incident comes up Danielle will not stop until it is solved. If she doesn’t know the answer she hunts down the answer. If a suggestion is made she tries to make it happen. DEN allows her to be so generous with educators. It is so nice to have a company, Discovery, which truly appreciates and spoils educators. Discovery treats educators as the professionals they are and gives us the tools to create and present our curriculum in new and exciting ways. I have just returned from the Southern Regional DEN event and spoil us they did. They put us up in a wonderful hotel and fed us at wonderful restaurants, entertained us around Atlanta and gave us great trainings. Not only did I win the trip to Atlanta– once there th294_1e winning didn’t stop. We had door prizes drawn each day – t-shirts, books, software, and gift cards. I was lucky enough to win two prizes; a book about Photo Shop Elements, a software product we experienced at SERDE, and the software Photo Shop Elements, I am so excited. We all received a wonderful Discovery Education bag.

Logo_4Being a part of DEN has truly been an honor – I have made new friends with educators throughout the country who are willing to share, because we all have the same ultimate goal in mind to help student reach their fullest potential and experience the best education has to offer.

I want to give accolades to Discovery and those involved with the Discovery Educator’s Network. And especially to Danielle for her spirited and determined efforts to bring us together and for arranging presentations and trainings from leaders in their discipline.
Thanks for allowing me to be a part of the DEN community. Thanks Discovery for appreciating educators – I believe that’s what education needs more of, companies like you.  And Thanks Danielle for being you!

“Technorati Tags:

Tags

1. Mark Hall said:

Cheryl is so right! What a great event this institute was from the guest speakers to the entertainment to the food. Everything was class and I want to pass my thanks on to Katherine, Brad and Danielle for all the work they put into planning such a terrific event and to Hall davidson and David Warlick for taking time out of their busy schedules to make excellent presentations! Thanks to Discovery for taking a great intrest in education and to all the DEN members that were there for sharing their knowledge with everyone. I don’t know how the time could have been made any better and I look forward to maintaining my friendship with everyone I meet in Atlanta.

2. LaQuita Hutchinson said:

I agree Cheryl and Mark that this was an AWESOME event. It was really great to meet Danielle. It is amazing the great things that the three of them Danielle, Katherine, and Brad were able to do for each of us. I hope this is the beginning of many exciting things to come.

3. Danielle Abernethy said:

Okay, I let Cheryl have privacy in blogging this post and trust me, I was red-faced from pleasure from what she wrote. DEN is all about YOU- the teachers! Thank you all for sharing, connecting, networking and creating such wonderful masterpieces. I’m so blessed to be a part of this community and to have met people like all of them who attended SERDE. LaQuita – you know I love you! I am finally glad to meet the GA commenter on North Florida BLOG! Mark, as always, it was a pleasure to see you again. Cheryl – you’re just wonderful! Everyone else – including Joe (;-) ) you’re a DEN member, so you KNOW YOU’RE THE BEST! Thanks again!

4. Julia Davis said:

I have to agree about everything Cheryl had to say. The Southeast event was FANTASTIC!! We had great speakers, activities, accomodations, food, and of course wonderful leaders! It was so nice to meet Danielle and Katerine and see Brad again.
    The freebies were a plus too!

I am ready for a reunion –that involves indoor plumbing! 🙂

Seriously, being a DEN member is an honor and I plan to keep in touch with my new friends.

Julia Davis
    SC DEN member

5. Danielle Abernethy said:

At least Joe’s with me in the camping. You know, some camp sites do have a civilized restroom. Will that work?

6. Joe Finkelstein said:

I’m a guy, so even an uncivilized restroom will work.

Seriously, I am going to tell me wife and kids that the usual 10 hour trip from Macon, GA to South Florida to visit family will have to take 2 or 3 days next time due to all of the great folks we’ll have to stop and visit on the way down. And, If any one knows where I can find a laptop let me know.

7. Michele Futch said:

I have to agree with everyone else, the SERDE Event was fantastic! I am humbled by the great teachers and leaders that were in our midst. This was like the TOPGUN of Teachers with Danielle, Katherine and Brad as the ACE FLIGHT INSTRUCTORS! IT WAS TRULY THE BEST OF THE BEST!!!!

I learned so much from everyone that was there. I made many new lifelong friends that I plan to keep in touch with. I hope the DEN members and leaders are appreciated by their administration. They are such a great asset to their colleagues and those they serve!

Michele

8. Tom Turner said:

I’m so GLAD that you all had a great time at the SE Region Workshop last week. I look forward to a similar experience in the next few weeks at the National Workshop in DC.