Number 1!

I’m on Yahoo Instant messenger right now with Brian Degenhart from Implementation. For those of you who do not know, the Implementation Team is basically the angels of unitedstreaming. Call up during the day and you will not be asked to push a bunch of numbers before reaching a REAL person. For those of you not familiar with Implementation, they are the dedicated post-sales support team who provide the technical and product expertise to assist our customers in effectively bringing unitedstreaming to teacher classrooms. And what’s really cool is that any end user can call in. You’re not limited to just your tech person. Florida Implementation team members include Craig Halper, Matt Monjan, Brian Degenhart and Christina Trajillo. She’s new, so we need to prove to her the power of DEN.

Anyway, he asked me about a certain district and then proceeded to tell me that the district has AWESOME usage so far, but they’re not #1 in the state. Guess who #1 is? Now this is not based on events, but actual usage. They define #1 as who has the highest average of active users per building. An active user is someone who logs in five or more times in the past 12 months. Well knife through my heart, it’s not a North Florida School. Oh that hurts. We’re covering several spots in the top 5, but we’re not #1. We need to fix this! (Leon, Polk – you all are up there!)

So this is what we’re going to do. When I interviewed for the job I had a pirate theme. I find using unitedstreaming a lot like finding buried treasure – all sorts of teaching gems inside! Let’s find out who in North Florida has been actively finding the treasures in unitedstreaming. We will spotlight a DEN School once a month. When you turn in a training, I’ll run reports and compare you to other schools that had training. The school with the highest percentage of use will receive a Florida Style Treasure Chest of goodies. What’s a Florida Style Treasure Chest? You’ll have to win to find out the exact details but it includes something for the DEN Member, a certificate for the school, and a tasty treat for the teachers.

Again, an event can be as simple as sharing with your curriculum or grade level team the tip of the day or a lesson you created using unitedstreaming. It does not have to be a formal three hour training.

So come on North Florida………………let’s take over the #1 spot and make our Implementation Team happy! And make me happy. Implementation can get just as competetive as myself. They like to claim their districts as the #1 unitedstreaming users as much as I do. So let’s get busy!

1. Karen Seddon said:

Ok, Danielle now that you put it out there you have to disclose the highest users district for Florida. Now I know it kills you that it’s in South Florida, but since you put it out there now you have to let them all know who it is!

2. Tom Turner said:

Naw…she really doesn’t Karen….

Danielle, you know how I hate to be called out so whomever top spot is…watch out, cause here we come.

3. Danielle Abernethy said:

Okay, Brian thinks it’s an S district. Matt thinks it’s a B district. But that doesn’t matter because Leon, Polk, Putnam and the rest of North Florida are about to blow usage out of the water!

4. Debbie Bohanan said:

Are you sure it is not an O district??? That was not fair to tease us. You know how competitive we are. Please post the top ten or we will have to call implementation and find out!

5. Danielle Abernethy said:

They didn’t tell me the entire list. But I’ll tell you what. I’ll post it at the end of the month. I’ll post the top five districts and the top five schools. Let’s see how many are from the North and how many are from the South.

6. Debbie Bohanan said:

The end of the month is such a long time to wait!

7. Cheryl Woolwine said:

I look forward to viewing the list and I am sure by the end of the month North Florida will be in many of the top slots. SO look out South here we come!

8. danielle said:

Yeah, but that’s when we’ll run the reports and North Florida DEN has a chance to win treats for their school and themselves. It’s not a fun report to run and Implementation siad they’d help. So we’ll wait until the end of the month for them to only do it once. 🙂
    So Polk and Putnam are on board. Do I hear from Leon?

9. Ana McMoran said:

Ok. I have been trying to get my whole school to use United Streaming and all its compponents. Gosh! I wish they could do more. I keep training small groups and telling them how good it is. But we all know how hard it is to convince other teachers to use Technology!!
    Hope some of the ones I have spoken to and trained use it more and more so we can be THE NUMBER ONE in Florida!!

10. Ana McMoran said:

Dear Danielle: Will there ever be an interactive whiteboard, smartboard, mimio or THUNDER Flipchart prizes Giveaway???
    Wouldn’t that be Cool.
    I was just reading the South Florida blog, and wow! they do have some cool stuff down there!
    I have been looking for grants all over just to buy Lcd’s!
    I guess I have to start writing to Bill gates abou it!!Je