Active DEN Members, Comment prizes, and a Winner

Back in July I mentioned that we would be running a special DEN Promotion from July until September 30th. The blog said that we would have a special networking event for:

• The 5 educators that turn in the most events from now until September 30th (easy date to remember – my birthday).
  • I’m looking for the educator that shares the most approved resources on the Discovery Educator Network website from now until September 30th.
  • The other four? They will randomly be drawn from those who respond to the blogs between now and September 30th , upload resources, subscribe to the blog, or have turned in events. (So, yes, one event or blog comment will give you a chance to win!)

I have the date. I should have the entire package confirmed on Monday afternoon and will share it on Tuesday. The date is set for November 11th. It includes a very special lunch and maybe we can sweet talk Lance Rougeux into coming down early for the event. He’s coming in that weekend already for the Putnam County Event. Maybe we can get really lucky and get Brian from Implementation to come in early too. Florida has an awesome Implementation team, and to get to spend time with any of them would a great reward. (Putnam won our FETC promotion and these two are special guest presenters at their event.) South Florida is sending 5 people with us to enrich our networking fun that day!

Also, we’re going to give away a special prize to a DEN member who posts comments on the North and South Florida Blog. For every 3 comments you get a ticket for the drawing. I personally like this activity because it keeps me from blabbering to myself. Karen’s group is encouraging this promotion in South Florida (probably different prizes) so we’ll be seeing the South Floridians on our blog too. So start commenting! You can start commenting with theme suggestions for Putnam. I’m looking at harvests, cornucopias, pumpkins, fall leaves……

Kay Teehan – I’ve got a prize for you! Your name was selected from those who turned in their certificates for DEN certification. Thank you to those who did!  Let’s see if she’s reading the blog and realizes she won. If she wasn’t so busy I’d tell everyone to send her an email to announce it, but she’d probably kill me at this point.

Blog to you all on Monday!

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT COMING THIS WEEK FOR DEN ACTIVITIES!!!  PAY ATTENTION TO THE BLOG!

Tags

1. Tom Turner said:

I beginning to think that you have the ANTI-TOM setting on your random numerator Danielle ;p

One of these days I will win. I will get you my pretty….AND YOUR DOG TOO!!! Ok Ok I’m kidding of course….congrats again Kay. I’m sure I will make GREAT use out of whatever you just won.

2. Cheryl Woolwine said:

I like Harvesting with unitedstreaming or something close to that.
    I look forward to hearing all the details on this event on Nov 11.
    I am so excited about the Putnam event and loook forward to meeting all the implementation team!
    Congratualtions Kay!

3. Autumn said:

My shirt wouldn’t have fit you Tom…but it is nice….Leave Kay’s stuff alone…
    Congrats kay..
    I guess we will all be getting together Thursday.

4. Danielle Abernethy said:

Don’t get to excited there Cheryl. Only Brian is coming down, but he’s your implementation rep. Matt and Craig were at FETC. I have yet to meet the new Implementation rep, but I hear she’s fantastic. Maybe we can introduce her later this month on the blog.
    Tom, don’t come near my dog. Just get busy to win the other promotion……..you might enjoy the luncheon. I won’t, because of the setting, but hey it’s the things we do for our DEN members. 🙂 Ya’ll are worth it.

5. Cheryl Woolwine said:

OK Danielle, you are definetly peeking our interest in this luncheon thing!
    Who ever comes in for the Putnam event is in for a good-time! Putnam teachers are getting excited!

6. Tom Turner said:

Please make sure you read the fine print. I just saw it :p

7. Sylvia Vigo-Smith said:

Hello N.FL! It’s great to be able to chat with you all. Danielle, I’ve been entertaining “unitedstreaming’s or Discovery’s Cornucopia of Ideas Harvested Just for You!”, for your Putnam theme. What do you think?

8. Kay Teehan said:

Yes Danielle — I do read this blog and I do occasionally comment too. Thanks so much for the prize –whatever it is–I know I will love it!

9. Danielle Abernethy said:

It’s a gift card. I’ll bring it with me this week when I come to Polk County.
    Sylvia – I like that theme!
    Read the fine print and just keep your eyes on the blog -especially around Tuesday evening, Wednesday morning……………

10. Brook Peabody said:

Congrats Kay on a fine win of the gift card. I would have to agree with Sylvia’s theme idea. You could stop over my way while your in Polk.

11. Danielle Abernethy said:

I’m in Polk two days this week. I’ll see what I can Mr. Peabody.

12. Debra Gastelum said:

I’ll have to think about a theme. Something like “Fall” for United Streaming. No matter what, I know we’ll have a great time.

13. Christine Brink said:

Flagler County needs some TLC. I need advice on how I can best create a united streaming community. Danielle we need a visit from you!! 🙂

14. Danielle Abernethy said:

Yeah Christine! Send me some dates in September that look good for you. I’ll check my calendar and compare. Would love to come over. I know the last week of September is compeletely out. Let me know!

15. Bethany Rosenhack said:

Hello all!! I am a newbie, sort of. I have been a member since last October, but I just graduated in December and I have been struggling through my first year. I am very excited to say I have been sharing the United Streaming features with my coworkers and I think I may be able to do an “event”. I need help though! I work at the BIGGEST elementary school in Orlando and I don’t want to be a flop. Any suggestions for success? Let me know!

16. Tommy McClellan said:

United Streaming is one of the best technology tools that I have ever discovered. It really adds to and makes Science, History, etc. come alive. Students can visualize the subjects you are trying to teach them.

17. Danielle Abernethy said:

Bethany you have the opportunity to have the MOST events from any DEN members by being at the largest school in Orlando! An event is defined as any training (formal or informal) on Discovery Health or unitedstreaming. It can also be an informal session of 3 or more teachers where you show them integration strategies, share the tips from the discussion boards or the blogs, or where you just focus on one section of unitedstreaming and highlight a way to use it in your classroom. You’re probably already doing this in faculty meetings, planning sessions, at lunch, or in other professional development classes. I know SC and NC teachers have been including it in Intel classes! In today’s blog post there is a spreadsheet to help you record your events. Send this to me right away!

18. Michele Futch said:

OK, It is Wednesday. I am anxiously awaiting for the announcement……………….

You know I want to be one of the top 10!

19. Bethany Rosenhack said:

OK, I have done at least 7 informal sessions since July. All within my 16 member 1st grade team. I spoke with the principal about branching out and she gave me the go ahead to schedule a few events. I am trying to plan and implement it carefully because I know with so many people small voices are drowned out. I will look for the spreadsheet. I need to order a training kit so I can get everything in order. How do I do that?