Discovery: Atlas Revealed

Not only did Tom Turner and Darlene Wolfe of North Florida get to see Altas: China Revealed before the rest of the world, they also got to talk to people who marketed and produced the show. Well guess what? That honor no longer will get to remain to them. You are cordially invited to sign up for your chance to go behind the scenes with Producer Shannon Malone during a Q&A webinar on Monday, October 16 at 4 PM (EST). During the webinar Shannon will explain her role in the production of the DISCOVERY ATLAS series and share her learning experiences and adventures during filming.

Atlas_1  If you have not yet seen Discovery Atlas on the Discovery Channel, go to unitedstreaming and do a keyword search for atlas.  Several video segments are currently available from Atlas China and Atlas Italy.

Please email any questions you have for Shannon to Debbie_Baillie@discovery.com prior to the webinar.  We will make sure to include them in the webinar and Shannon will do her best to answer them.

To register for the Behind the Scenes webinar:
1.  Go to: discoveryed.webex.com
2.  On the left, under "Attend a Meeting" click on "Register".
3.  On the blue bar at the top, click the right calendar arrow over to "Monday, October 16, 2006".
4.  Select "Q&A with Atlas Series Producer Shannon Malone" at 3 PM CT and click Register.  (NOTE: The webex tool lists times in Central Time.)
5.  Enter your name and email, click "Register Now".
6.  Registration information and the link for the webinar will be emailed to you.

Register now for this one time event.  Seats are limited. YOU MUST REGISTER FOR THIS WEBINAR IN ADVANCE! THE SOONER THE BETTER!

Tags

1. Cheryl Woolwine said:

I registered hope I can get home in time to catch it all. Another great ATLAS event for all!

2. Nancy Mangum said:

I love the interactive ATLAS feature! Is there a way to bookmark or save the interactive atlas to “my content” so that students can go in and explore entire map?

3. Danielle Abernethy said:

I was able to bookmark it and it worked fine. Try that Nancy.

4. Tommy McClellan said:

I can’t wait to see the Italy ATLAS series. Italy is one of my most favorite places to visit. It is such a beautiful country. I loved the people there, too.

Can’t wait to experience Italy again thru the Discovery Channel!

5. Michele Futch said:

OK. The last comment is from me. I didn’t realize my Dad’s name was still signed in on my computer.

I love Italy!

I love Italian food! The American Italian food is a lot better than the authentic Italian food. In Italy, you don’t get served meaty and cheesy Italian dishes. A lot of their entrees are just pasta and red sauce. Also, they serve their wine and other beverages hot. They don’t serve anything on ice! Sweet Tea is nowhere to be found in Europe!!!

6. Cheryl Woolwine said:

Italy was another great show! I wish I had been able to join you guys for your Italy celebration – I might have to go to Olive Garden and have my own celebartion!

7. Cheryl Woolwine said:

This Atlas series is really making learning fun. Each day our students are coming in wanting to know what country they get to visit.

8. Mary Z. Cox said:

Hello,
    I would like to register for this because I have some reading units coming up where the Italy videos would fit. However, I have to do this at home as the speaker phone is not hooked up at school and I am still in school at 2 PM Eastern time. Are you going to offer it again at a later in the day time?
    Thanks,
    Mary Cox

9. Michele Futch said:

Mary,

It states it is at 3 pm CT. I believe you teach in Leon County? That would be 4 pm ET, if so. You should be able to make it.

10. Debbie Bohanan said:

I am so disappointed that I was not able to attend the webinar last Monday. I’m sure it was wonderful. She did a great job in Maryland this summer and it was very interesting to go behind the scenes.

11. Debbie Bohanan said:

I would love to know why they didn’t ask David Spade to be the voice for the entire series? Isabella was OK for Italy and the accent was a nice touch but David’s voice was so powerful and moving during the China episode. Maybe they will use him again in the future.

12. Debbie Bohanan said:

I can’t believe tonight is the final episode for the series at this time. I can’t wait to visit Australia.