Have you shared your unitedstreaming knowledge and expertise? Did you learn something cool at a workshop and want to train others?
If you are already a STAR Discovery Educator or aspiring to become a STAR Discovery Educator, we have a special opportunity just for you! Beginning October 1, 2006 through December 1, 2006, Discovery Educators can receive rewards by reporting professional development workshops and other types of involvement in the Discovery Educator Network, such as blogging, podcasting, attending webinars, and helping new DEN members reach STAR status.
All you have to do is report activity to your field manager on the attached spreadsheet.
Discovery Educators who have conducted two professional development workshops and participated in two other activities listed below between October 1, 2006 and December 1, 2006 will receive a Discovery Educator Network computer bag. (Limit 1)
STAR Discovery Educators that encourage a colleague to apply for the STAR Discovery Educator Network, attend the STAR DEN webinar, upload a resource, complete their first event and are accepted into the STAR DEN between October 1 and December 1, 2006 will receive a STAR Discovery Educator Network hooded sweatshirt. (Limit 1)
So what constitutes a professional development session? Any time you share the power of Discovery Education with 3 or more educators you are hosting an event.
Here are some ideas…
- Share an integration idea over lunch
- Demonstrate a skill involving unitedstreaming to co-workers before, during or after school
- Conduct an awareness session where you demonstrate unitedstreaming to your whole faculty
- Set up a face to face training or webinar where you work hands-on with your peers, which may include topics such as using unitedstreaming with digital storytelling, Inspiration and TimeLiner software
- Show colleagues how to embed a video into PowerPoint over lunch
- Lead a technology tip session using Discovery School resources
- Prepare a brief unitedstreaming presentation to present at a faculty meeting
- Coordinate a “Birds of a Feather” session at conferences
- Utilize unitedstreaming in a workshop or poster session at a Conference (local, state, regional, national)
- Hold periodic “DEN Meetings” to network and touch base with other members in your area
- Present examples of your integrated resources at an open house, PTA/PTO or School Board meeting
- Create an Integration Time! Introduce your colleagues to the new tools and features on unitedstreaming. Avoid information overload with short sessions on the writing prompt builder, quiz builder, assignment builder, best practices, integration strategies and much more!
As long as you are showing others the power of unitedstreaming (or any other Discovery Education product including Discovery Health Connection or Cosmeo), it counts. In order for your activity to count, you must report all of your activity and events between October 1, 2006 and December 1, 2006 to your DEN Field Manager. All summaries (including date, location, number of participants, brief description of event) must be received by December 1, 2006 to be eligible.Download individual_event_report.xls