DEN Pre-conference Event at FETC

Fetc2007This week I traveled to Orlando for the Florida Educational Technology Conference (FETC) where the DEN held a pre-conference event at Universal Studios on Wednesday.  It was great to meet up with so many incredible Florida Discovery Educators at the event ready to learn, share and network.

Cimg1596_smallI have included a few interviews and hope others attending will share their thoughts as well.  Enjoy!

Download fetc2007.mp3

Tags

1. Mark Hall said:

Before the event took place I was looking forward to the event and was anxious to see the behind the scenes tour of Universal. I have to say that it exceeded my expectations. It was great to see some of the folks that I had meet at the regional event this past summer and at other DEN events, as well as getting to meet several more fantastic DEN members. I would like to express a large thank you to everyone from DIscovery that worked so hard to put this event on. This was truely a fun and educational event. I hope that I get a chance to see the Digital stories that didn’t get a chance to be presented. With the excelent leadership from Discovery and the enthusiasm of the DEN members, I know that the DEN will continure to grow and be an exciting community.

2. Tom Turner said:

I’d also like to send a great thanks out to all post and current DEN personnel that helped make this event happen.

I’m currently listening to the podcast and saying to myself I sounded like a babbling idiot. Now mind you Scott put his camera, yes I said camera, in front of me. Now reference the picture on the Media Matters blog from Hall and you’d totally understand.

Again. I had a blast working the booth with you guys the last 2 days. Meeting the attendees and answering and basically giving testimonial to how the DEN and unitedstreaming has changed my teaching methods was great.

3. Debbie Bohanan said:

I would also like to thank you for inviting Kathy Schrock to the event. It was such a thrill to get to know her over the past several days. She is amazing and has so many wonderful ideas to share. I am still floating on air after 3 days!

Tom, I will be posting my group project in the next few days. I know you will love our Shrek School Photostory.

4. Fotini Guzman said:

Great FUN! The best part was putting a face to names that I have heard or read about for so long and being able to connect with all. It was a pleasure being with all of you. Thank you for a FUN day!

5. Louise McGinnis said:

The trip to Universal was a blast. It was also great meeting everyone and getting to know the Discovery Crew. I was really glad to see Karen there also. Thanks for a wonderful day!

6. Deb Jones said:

The behind the scenes FX Tour was an extreme event! Using Audacity with Photo Story to pull it all together gave us something we can take back to our classrooms and share with others! Even listening to the podcast of the event (I can’t believe that is my voice!) with Scott and then being able to share this with our schools brings this whole event to life! Thank you for the opportunity to participate. It was an awesome experience!

7. Marie Coleman said:

This was my first DEN event (being a new member) and “awesome” is the one word to describe the experience. From the networking to the new skills learned and from the sharing to the “behind the scenes” tour, the day was very worthwhile and a great ‘kickoff’ to the remaining days of learning at FETC. Thanks to all involved in the planning and to those participants I now consider colleagues!

8. Sylvia Vigo-Smith said:

I will say it again and again…”I love being a part of the DEN.” Thanks to all those involved in making the preconference event at Universal a reality. I had the best time getting to see old friends and meet new DEN members. The project was fun too. GO DEN!

9. Desiree Senter said:

The DEN pre-conference was awesome! I learned so much and had lots of fun helping to make our project. As a new DEN memeber I truely appreciate all the work that went into all the presentations and to tell the truth I never realized how long the pre-conference Discovery Event and FETC days were as the learning made the long days fly by, until I did not wake up on Saturday until 3 hours later than normal. The Teehan presentation was so informative as to how easy digital storytelling can be incorporated to my lessons. What a great event thanks to Lance, Scott and all the other wonderful DEN educators.