The Illinois Technology Conference for Educators (IL-TCE)

Tcelogosp_1Discovery Education is proud to be a Gold Sponsor of the Illinois Technology Conference for Educators (IL-TCE) being held February 27 through March 2, 2007. In our ongoing effort to support teaching and learning, we will be hosting a series of workshops and activities to promote technology integration, showcase new resources, and provide networking opportunities.

First, please join us in the Discovery Education Room (Topaz). We will be exploring ways educators across the country are integrating digital media and unitedstreaming™ content into their teaching with a focus on differentiated instruction, digital storytelling, and using Google Earth. We are also excited to share with you three new additions to the Discovery Education family of products and services: Discovery Education One Place, Discovery Education Science Connection, and Discovery Education ThinkLink Assessment. Below you will find a flyer that describes the sessions further.

Second, stop by the Discovery Education booth to see and try Discovery Education products and services for yourself, learn more about Discovery Educator Network activities, or just say hello.  We have also had several requests from Discovery Educators over the past few months to spend some time in the Discovery Education booth during conferences.  Therefore, if you would like to donate some of your conference time during IL-TCE to speak with other educators about how you integrate digital media in your classroom, sign up here (password is "discovery").

Finally, if you are a STAR Discovery Educator, we have scheduled an exclusive networking opportunity just for you.  You and a guest (ideally a potential STAR Discovery Educator) are invited to a DEN reception being held in the Central Atrium at Pheasant Run on Thursday, March 1 from 5:00 to 6:30 PM.  To attend, please comment to this post with your name, email and the name of your guest by February 19, 2007

I look forward to the IL-TCE Conference and hope to see you there!

Download DEN.PC.ILTCE.pdf

Tags

1. Lori A said:

Yeah! A Den event at IL-TCE. The Atrium is in the midst of being remodeled. I’m told it’s going to look great. I’ll be there. Not sure if I’ll bring a guest. I’ll let you know.
    Lori Abrahams

2. Anne Truger said:

I will be there…probably with a guest, but will have to post again with an update.

3. Roberta Thomas said:

I will be attending and bringing a guest(at least one). I will be bringing two teachers from my district, who both could become STAR educators and one from another district who probably has no idea about DEN but would be good. It would be great if all four of us could attend. Please let me know. Thanks

4. Anne Truger said:

Ok…so I have 2 educators I would like to bring with me. One from Stevenson(uses Unitedstreaming) and one from SEDOL (will use Unitedstreaming). I have only invited one person so far, please let me know if it is ok to invite the second.

Thanks
    ~Anne

5. Pam Nielson said:

I would like to attend the meet-up. I don’t have a guest, but I will let you know if that changes.

6. Sr. Loretta Glanz said:

Thanks for the invitation to another DEN gathering at IL-TEC. I still have happy thoughts from the gathering at NECC in San Diego in July. I will be there but so far don’t have a guest.

7. Patricia A. Hawkenson said:

I am excited to be attending and am bringing one guest, Trillium Lavota.

8. D. Thomson said:

I’d like to come, but I see that it is past the deadline. I have been out in Arizona taking care of my mother who is in failing health.

9. Kellie English said:

I was wondering if it is too late to give you a response. If I still may I’d love to come. I would be bringing 1 person.

10. Susan Chaplik said:

Looking forward to being there.
    Can’t wait. Hope it is not too late to respond!